“mystery deal hotel”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Geelong
Antwerp, Belgium
“mystery deal hotel”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

we booked this hotel as a 'mystery hotel' on a lastminute website so were lucky to get a much cheaper rate than other people. perhaps that is why it was so busy. i guess its better to be filling the rooms at cheap prices rather than being empty. we look at their offifial website price beforehand (as we had wanted to stay here anyway) but was quite expensive compared with other motels in geelong. but luckily it came up as our mystery hotel! the rooms are slightly dated, but pretty big. the road minimal. the shower was ok. the beds were comfy. the room was clean. all in all we were very happy. but perhaps i woudnt have been as happy if i had paid their full price.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
strathfieldsaye
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The best Western geelong motor inn is very well located and despite its proximity to the main road was relatively quiet. Big spacious rooms, very clean and fabulous customer service. Lots of parking and a short drive to the main area of geelong. Must comment on the magnificent shower. Best I've had at a motel. Hot quick great pressure and spacious bathroom area. The only downpoint was that it is two stories and you have to lug your luggage up stairs. So ask for a downstairs room if this is a problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Collaroy Beach, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Don't be put off by the proximity to the road, it's whisper quiet and nicely appointed. Just a short stroll to the beach front and all it has to offer! We felt very welcomed after our 10 hour drive from Sydney. We could park right outside the room which made unpacking from the car a breeze. I highly recommend this accommodation and will definitely be booking again on our next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

we visited here in geelong. the rooms were a little bit dated but very large. also very well noise insulated which was suprising given its location next to the highway. lady checking us in was very kind and helpful. breakfast was pretty average but what you would expect. parking was easy and the beds comfy. tthe thing that ticked us off were the credit card fees. my friends who were travelling with us were slugged 3% credit card fee, which seemed extremley high. i only found out after we had left the motel as my friend didnt want to make a fuss at the time (as it was her turn to pay for the acommodation)

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GeelongMotorInn, Owner at Best Western Geelong Motor Inn & Apartments, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for sharing your experience with other tripadvisor readers. We are pleased to read that most aspects of your stay were satisfying and pleasurable.

With regard credit card surcharges, to offset applicable merchant fees a 3% fee applies to American Express and Diners Club card transactions. A 1.5% fee applies to Visa and MasterCard. We are pleased to offer guests alternative fee free payment methods such as EFTPOS, electronic transfer and cash transactions. I am sorry and regret that this charge caused disappointment to an otherwise mostly enjoyable stay.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Best Western Geelong Motor Inn when you are next in the region.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I booked two rooms as I was staying with staff on business. Although I only booked the standard room for one night for me, I was surprised at how large and well furnished it was. It was extremely spacious. The staff were friendly and helpful. They suggested a restaurant within walking distance; the food was great and I could charge the meal to my hotel account, which was even better.
I would definitely stay here again, in fact I am just about to make another booking!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for sharing comments on the experience of your recent stay. We are delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our recommendation of the nearby Telegraph Hotel.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. So that we can more personally assist with your individual requirements, please do not hesitate to contact me directly when next booking.

Echuca
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was a bit worried about road noise but once inside I was blissfully unaware of the traffick rumbling by. Only two blocks from the waterfront it is an ideal location. Large and spacious with everything I needed it was like a home away from home. I was made welcome from the start, with the staff offering to carry my luggage up the stairs. I made a call to reception the first night as I am unfamiliar with gas heaters and the staff were there immediately to show me how it worked. This will definatly be my go to place in Geelong from now on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for sharing your stay experience on tripadvisor. We are very pleased to read that you were relaxed and comfortable throughout your visit with us.

We are inspired and motivated to continue to exceed your personal requirements. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when next planning your trip to Geelong..

Warrnambool, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed in one of the Motor Inn rooms and were pleasantly surprised and the clean, crisp room and great customer service. The staff were very friendly and I believe that makes a stay the most comfortable. We will definately be coming back to stay!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

We are overjoyed to read that you experienced surprise and delight with the services and facilities that we offer and our team feels inspired that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for the kind gift of your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Geelong Motor Inn.