“For what it offers Excellent”

Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Geelong
Reviewed August 28, 2013

For the price, this was an excellent hotel. Plenty of parking, some undercover. The room was great, plenty of space, Bed and Pillow really really comfy. The breakfast was really good. Better than a lot of Hotels i have stayed in, buffet style hot and tasty. Plenty of choices. The view from the eating area was lovely opposite the water .It was about 2 klms from the Geelong city centre. With bike/walking track opposite hotel that leads to city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
BaysideGeelongMgr, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Carol V

Thank you for your positive review of Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong.

We are blessed with a fabulous location right on Geelong’s Esplanade overlooking the waterfront foreshore. I am glad you were able to experience breakfast in Black Salt restaurant. We are currently working through a program to improve our breakfast area, so I hope that you find it even better on your next stay.

The kilometer walk along the esplanade into Geelong is beautiful.

Thank you again for the feedback.

There are newer reviews for Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Just finished spending 4 days at this location, travelling with a large group for business.

Two collegues and myself stayed in one of the triple rooms down the rear of the property which was modern, well equipped and perfect for our needs. The rooms are very comfy, lots of room for three of us despite the fact we only spent a couple of hours here a day it was still a great place to rest up in between a very busy week of work.

The pool area looked simple and nice though it was too cold to venture in.

We ate at 'Black Salt' the onsite restaurant once and our meal was lovely. Took a wee while for our order to arrive due to the sheer size of our group (45 minutes for 12 orders) but once it arrived it was tasty and the staff were very attentive in the mean time, ensuring the heat was acceptable and rechecking if we required any more water etc.

Room Service snacks were good. We all had the wedges and agreed they were amazing. Our in room breakfast came on time and was great. Our only qualm was the juice was not proper juice, more like drink mix from a concentrate and we didn't end up drinking it at all.

None the less - great stay. Very happy and would recommend in future.

Room Tip: Triple rooms are great for a family travelling and the suites have great large bathrooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
BaysideGeelongMgr, Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Paulune N

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay in one of our family rooms. These rooms have been renovated recently and we've had nothing but positive feedback.

Great to hear that you enjoyed both the food in Black Salt restaurant and your rooms service.

I'll be sure to pass your comments onto our team.

Thanks again

Yours sincerely
Assistant Manager
Quality Hotel Bayside, Geelong

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here recently for 3 nights. The service was first class. When we had a minor problem with our first room, we were courteously, efficiently and quickly re-located. The location is excellent, giving beach views but also being within walking distance of the Geelong CBD. Free on-site parking was readily available. The room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IsobelGrace
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here on the weekend. A pleasant stay. Friendly staff. Comfortable bed and clean. Great shower. Would stay here next time I am in Geelong. Off street parking was a bonus. See you again soon. Next time would love a balcony but they were all booked out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank juliebrett
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here on three occasions for work in May-June and found I liked this hotel more with familiarity. For a stay with a car it is ideal as there is ample parking, much under cover, and it comes at no additional cost. This is a hybrid hotel/motel witjh several disconnected wings which usually, but not always, open onto an internal corridor. The wings are detached from the reception/restaurant area and this can be an issue in the rain, which was falling on one of my stays. The rooms are unremarkable but there is a generous bathroom with a ton of flat space to spread bathroom items on. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. There is effective free Wi-Fi and pleasing air conditioning. The staff are unfailingly friendly, professional and helpful. The Black Salt restaurant (separately reviewed) is an advantage with an ambitious menu, medium pricing and generous serves. Breakfast is high quality at a reasonable price. Nudie juices, excellent yogurt and fruit salad and a really fine bircher meusli are especially praiseworthy. I found the hotel comfortable and well run. I would stay here at my own expense if visting Geelong, a charming city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank fatheralbert
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at the Bayside for 2 nights and had a pleasant stay. I was convinced to upgrade, at cost to me, to a room with a balcony at the side of the hotel and promised a view of Eastern Beach. Upon only having a view of trees I was swapped to a room with a slight water view, but not worth the extra and I didn't use the balcony.

However, the view outside the hotel is excellent and I enjoyed Geelong immensely. It's a lovely little city.

The bed was comfortable, TV, aircon and wifi worked well, the room was large and had everything I needed. The bedroom was spotless, but the bathroom was grubby and the toilet was stained, which was off-putting. The bathroom was tired and looked like the renovations hadn't reached that far.

I didn't use the pool, due to the cool weather, or the restaurant, but both looked good.

Staff were friendly and helpful and I felt totally safe, although travelling as a lone female.

I didn't like having to pay a damages deposit, which is not normal in most places I've stayed and I was not told about it at time of booking, only upon arrival. However it was returned to my account promptly at the end of my stay. Perhaps it's a Victorian thing?

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for a balcony if you just want it for the view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for one very wet and cold night. The room was comfortable as was the bed. There are renovations happening but this didnt disturb us at all. I used the laundry which was clean and reasonable cost, you could get a bit claustophobic if you stayed in there for any length of time. We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant, the food was lovely, plenty of choice. I had the trout which was delicious. Breakfast was the usual buffet. The restaurant staff were very attentive and professional. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The room we had was a the back of the motel and was very quiet. Im not sure if there are rooms at t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
BaysideGeelongMgr, Assistant Manager at Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Tklj,

Thank you for your feedback.
I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team.

I am delighted that you enjoyed both our dinner and breakfast options. Its also great to hear that you found our staff to be so helpful and that this contributed to your overall experience being a positive one.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours sincerely