“Oysters”
Review of Baveras - CLOSED

Baveras
Cuisines: Australian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Geelong
“Oysters”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Simply complaining about the oysters. Hidden amongst the bacon and sauce were oysters no bigger than a 10cent coin, and I promise you that I'm not exaggerating. That says to me, "we don't care; you asked for an oyster, we gave you an oyster, that'll be $4 each."
It's that sort of insult that cripples an entire experience and warrants 1/5.

• Visited December 2013

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“No service whatsoever”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

All of the rude hospitality staff under one roof. The food arrived quickly and view was amazing. Priced well too, just disappointing that staff have a terrible attitude. When we asked if we could be seated at a table by the window, the waiter replied "yeah had you booked three months ago". Then whilst paying we were told we don't have to say it was a nice experience if "you didn't like it". If you are headed here for the view, might be better off getting some McDonald's and eating it in the car, at least the service would be much better. Good luck.

• Visited November 2013
Geelong, Australia
“Didn't Even Get Served!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Walked in one night for late night coffee and we were greeted by a waitress who had no idea what she was doing. We asked for menus as we were thinking about getting dessert, took one look at the price and closed the menu. The waitress went on to poor us each a glass of water, then walked away and never came back to serve us. We were sitting there for at least 25 minutes. We ended up walking out and going down to panache on the waterfront where we were served straight away and enjoyed a beautiful cheesecake which was half the price of the desserts here. Not good enough! Get your act together. This is supposed to be one of Geelong's most high classes restaurants and we couldn't even get coffee's served. What a joke!

• Visited October 2013
Geelong
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should be called Brave as, because that's what you need to be!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Charming waiter saw us to our table. That's where the charm ended.
The waitress came over about two minutes later and asked us if we had decided what we would like.
Still adjusting my position in my seat, I said we hadn't. About two minutes later she asked again, we were still not ready.
We decided to order the Blue Eye and the seafood linguini.
I asked the waitress if the fish was cooked "en papillote" she said, "What"?
I said in a bag!
She replied,"No they just seal it and put it in the oven"!
The meal didn't take long,The fish looked okay but the sauce was insipid. I decided to remove the fish from the main plate and transfer it to the side plate where I was able to eat it without too much interference from the sauce.
The waiter and the waitress saw what I had done and unless they thought I had some strange eating habit, made no comment and showed no interest.
My wife paid $32.00 for her linguini that was swimming around in a fair amount of melted butter, hence to say she couldn't eat the pasta.
When the plates were cleared no comment was made about the amount of pasta left on the plate. They had as much interest in service as we had in eating the food.
That's all! Oh, the view is great!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank fed2468
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Visited the restaurant as my friends hadn't been before. Service was very average, we had to call the waitress over not once , but three times, Firstly for our main meal which was understandable, second so can could order wine, then for coffees, we even ordered extra wine but the glass ( which took about 13 minutes ) and we ended up going to the bar area to get them ourselves. The waitress never asked if we would like anything else, such as dessert . Food was very bland. The only good thing was the guy from X Factor was playing outside.

• Visited October 2013