“Great place to stay”

Aberdeen Motor Inn Geelong
Ranked #8 of 9 Geelong B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here after hearing great views from friends.
It went above and beyond what our friends had said.
The rooms were big, clean, trendy and had all the things you needed for a shower and tea the next morning.

We went down for breakfast and were blown away from the spread.
I'm gluten free and they even had food I could eat (whixh is so rare!!) And the owner offered her personal gluten free bread for me to enjoy for breakfast.
We loved breakfast so much we even had dinner there a few times over our stay because it was that good. Amazing flavours and home cooked meals when your away makes you feel more cosy!

Do stay here for a night or a week. On your own or with the family.
The owners and staff make you feel welcomed the moment you walk in the door.
Will be visiting again and spreading the word more!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debby S
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn Geelong, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Hello there Debby,
Thanks for your positive comments;In fact your comments are indeed the most positive we have received to date. .
i'm happy you enjoyed the evening dinners ,we we pleased to include both you and your Husband
in our event tour group dinners
As you maybe aware we to do not normally serve evening meals to the general public in our dining room.
Thanks once again for your delightful compliments.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

hair in the bathroom, hair in my bed on the couch and even on my breakfast plate.. need i say more. one thing you would think hotels or poor motels would get right, is no hair! probs come form the dog or crazy owners head herself.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank terry w
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn Geelong, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hello Terry.
We are truly embarrassed regarding the hair in your motel room.
We have had problems with a new cleaner, who has recently been dismissed. If you had shared your concerns with us during your stay, we would have tried to resolve things. Certainly we would have compensated you in some way.
About the ‘crazy’ owner; you would no doubt be referring to the writer, myself,. You must have caught one of the morning floor shows we put on sometimes at breakfast.
It’s so amusing and entertaining when the hairy dog jumps through the flaming hoops held by the ‘crazy hairy owner’.
Once again, we apologise about the hair in your room, but this is no reason for personal insults.
You have a free-for-all to say as you wish online; with no consequences.
Owner: Aberdeen Motor inn

Reviewed April 4, 2014

stayed here on our way to lorne. We had a ground floor king room which had everything we needed . very clean, Staff very welcoming and gave me a couple of of options of rooms . Although on a main road, i had a very peaceful uninterrupted nights sleep.
Breakfast was a bonus! Wide range of cereals, toasts and home made jams.
Overall, fantastic value, and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks Fran for your comments,
We are glade you enjoyed your stay also the breakfast buffet.
We hope to have some new winter goodies on offer for breakfast soon.
Hope to see you for another visit .

Reviewed April 1, 2014

i stayed for 3 nights a few weeks ago, the room was pretty small and cramped. very outdated decor and bedspreads on the beds, which looked like they'd never been washed. my towels were never replaced daily after id left them on the floor (which is says will be on a sign in bathroom) first day my handtowel and bathmat were stiff like cardboard. not very pleasant..there was a dog in the dining room scratching itself all over the place while i had a not very good free breakfast. i see why its free! there was a plastic bad over the fire alarm in the room.. which to me was quite odd.. and the best part the workers walking around with cigarettes in their hands. lol

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn Geelong, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Hello Melissa,
Regarding your comments.
Staff and subcontractors smoking on the grounds are not acceptable.
Our Caviller '' Puppy'' I do apologize she does sneak into the dining room.
Your comment regarding the full continental breakfast buffet is truly astonishing.
We get daily complements from guests regarding our breakfast. I’m not sure what you were expecting for the tariff you paid for accommodation at this hotel.
Your comments regarding you’re not serviced room and hard towels; we are looking into this, and will track down the cleaner on those shifts.
We value and welcome subjective honest comments.
However unfounded, malicious comments make a jest of the review system.
Your profound comment “Our bed spreads that looked like they were never “washed “is offensive and untrue. We have limited rooms with bed spreads and those are washed regularly.

Aberdeen motor inn Management.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone! I went away for the weekend by myself for uni and came here and it was perfect! Staff could not have been more friendly or helpful and made me welcome from the second I arrived. They gave me the option of a room with a beautiful view and king size bed and even helped me with the internet so I could do some uni work. So quiet and peaceful, prime position close to shops and restaurants. As a young girl staying on her own, I felt so safe and welcome and would definitely come back!

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs have a beautiful view of the bay!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn Geelong, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hello Jacqui,
Thanks for you positive comments regarding your stay with us,
We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to see you again
On your next visit you may like to try our newly refurbished retro rooms, also with a view.
Regards Shellie

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Hi John Shellie and of course your dad. We stayed at Aberdeen for three (3) nights, and 2 nights previously, earlier in January, 2014. It definately was home away from home. We appreciated your quality, care, manner and family service, not to mention the yummy continental breakfast every morning. Also the very comfotable bed and room plus the room service. Close to CBD. Thanks again to John Shellie and family. From Helena and Paul. Adelaide.

Room Tip: corner suite was large and peaceful beautiful view of pretty garden from the window
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn Geelong, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thanks very much guys; for your happy encouraging comments.
As a family owned business we really appreciate honest objective comments.
So thanks again ...And we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was more like a B and B than a motel! Shelly made me and my sisters very welcome and went out of her way to make our trip enjoyable. Providing breakfast was a real surprise. Having travelled extensively all over the world, it was one of the best, if not the best offering I've ever had. A breakfast like this would cost $15 in a local restaurant. I gather the muesli and the spreads are all home made. They even provide a gluten free option. While the rooms aren't 5 star, they're not advertised as such! Very comfortable and clean nevertheless. I would definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thanks lovely lady's for your enthusiastic kind remarks.
We really do appreciate your feed back.
As an older style motel,,. built 1960. ; we will never be a fancy brand.
We are trying to retain the best features of the Aberdeen and give some feel of the 60s
Shall be working on this for at least another year.
Also fingers crossed to open for dinner functions As " Auntie Flo's '" later 2014
See you all again