“A truely blessed stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 10 Geelong B&B and Inns
Norfolk, UK
“A truely blessed stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

A great location for local shops, train/bus station, restaurants and the beautiful beach. My room felt like 'home from home' and had a particular English and tasteful touch to the decor, it was also very clean and comfortable.
I thought it was excellent value as the room was furnished with a large flatscreen TV, microwave, tea making facility, toaster and fridge. With continental breakfast, polite and helpful staff providing exeptional hospitality. My window view looked onto a pleasant courtyard with waterfall.
Aberdeen Motel in my book is highly recommended and I would certainly come again hence my title.

Room Tip: Gound floor had easy access and able to get wi fi connections/skype. Soundproof was also good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Beverley H
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest
Thanks for your positive remarks, is always a wonderful for both management and staff to
get positive feed back.
Regards Shellie.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My room was very clean, with a big TV and equipped with microwave, urn, toaster and comfortable bed. Easy walk or very short drive to the CBD and the shore-front, and similarly to the restaurant strip. The staff were very helpful in pointing me in the direction of places to dine out. Easy access to the A10 for my road trip to the Great Ocean Drive and visiting the 12 Apostles. Happy with my choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TripperC2010
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My second stay at the Aberdeen Motor Inn.

The room was perfectly clean, well equipped and maintained, and management I found very accommodating and affable. The motel is very close to the city being only a few blocks away. It's also a 15 minute walk to the rail station and car hire which I found useful.

I was there during a busy period and found no noise evident form other guests. All rooms are non-smoking which I appreciate.

I found it best to phone for a reservation and a follow up confirmation email was kindly sent to me immediately.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Postcode
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback. It’s important to us; all our guests are comfortable and happy.
We are pleased our rooms are clean whe're trying to achieve a good standard.
We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back. Regards Shellie
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

In March 2011 I gave a favourable review of this motel having stayed there a number of times.

Unfortunately their booking process has collapsed. I emailed them three times to confirm a booking for Feb 2013 and got two holding replies. After the third email (Dec 2012) Shelie confimed at favourable rate of $100 per night.

19 days out from the booking John rings me to confirm the booking and I state what happened last December. That appeared to be accepted, but no, a short time later John rings back and said they could not possibly honour that rate and jacked the price to $110, still supposedly a discount. As the price could get jacked again at checkin I made other arrangements at $100 per night.

I respect their right to chase the dollar, at a peak time, however it appears 10 years of goodwill and past promises mean nothing,

Be soo careful when booking here! Getting in writing would be a good start but keep in mind they may change their mind.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bentleg
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We are very disappointed that you have been put out by the confusion of an extra ten dollar charge .
I did send you an email shortly after your last conversation explaining my husband’s ten dollar error. Perhaps you did not receive it.?

We are very sorry that you have chosen to stay elsewhere and will miss not having you here again this year for the Avalon air show.
I hope it all goes well at Avalon this year Graham.
Regards Shellie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband & I were thrilled to find that the Aberdeen still has so many of it's original features remaining. This was fantastic!! Sadly too many of these grand accomodations have gone the way of what may be thought of as modernisation, but sadly results in the loss of any unique features, style, class & originality that would enable a premises to stand out - rather than be yet
another clip from a modern day furniture commercial. But thankfully not the Aberdeen Motor Inn.!! The Aberdeen Motor Inn is full of character.
It was exciting to see the wonderful artwork defined by the building itself. The tilework on the facade is supurb, & the original flyscreens great fun. We loved the curved shower rail & you just have to see the lovely etching in the metal. The ceramic taps were a treat & all the extra retro features are amazing. Full credit to the owners for keeping so many of the original features. Our room was extremely clean, the bed was fantastic - in fact it was one of the best sleeps I have ever experienced away from home! And there is a delightful, gorgeous, white fluffy bed spread
on the bed that you just have to feel to believe, reminded me of my own retro rugs, only heaps better!! Would love one for myself.
As for our hosts there are not enough words to describe how absolutley fabulous they were!! Without a doubt some of the most entertaining, interesting, kind, generous, fun, helpful and professional people we have ever had the privelage to meet.
We would definitely stay at the Aberdeen Motor Inn again, & it would be beautiful to see that this place was restored to the way it was "back in the call it retro, the '60s / '70s - the world needs more Aberdeen Motor Inns, & we believe our hosts may just be classy, & brave enough to do it!

Room Tip: Our hosts were fantastic, offering us a chance to see a few different rooms so we could choose the o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank your Beck for your terrific review; we are truly over overwhelmed by your positive and innovative comments. We enjoyed having you both stay with us also.

I think we need you as our own personal in house retro designer.

We are currently decorating all are’ ‘Rooms with a view ’’in a new retro style next time you stay we’ll put you in one. I hope we will see you again before too long.
Regards Shellie.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stay at the Aberdeen for business on a regular basis.

The owners are some of the friendliest I have come across, nothing is too much trouble.
Rooms are always clean and have a special feel about them, especially the suites upstairs.
There are lovely views over Geelong and the water.

Older Motel from the outside appears to be under refurbishment.
With scaffolding around the place. Older style bathrooms but clean.

Amazing breakfast, with a lovely fresh variety. As good as many big names we have stayed in.

Only one thing I would improve, they need fresh brewed coffee.

We will return.

I would rather save money these days. We look for good value.

Couple.
Business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sleepeasygroup, Manager at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thanks Guys ,
For you wonderful and flattering remarks. We are always happy to get customer feed back.
We hope to see you again this year.
Cheers John.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stay at the Aberdeen for business on a regular basis.
There are lovely views over Geelong and the water.
Older Motel from the outside appears to be under refurbishment.
With scaffolding around the place. Older style bathrooms but clean.
Only one thing I would improve, they need fresh brewed coffee.
We will return.
I would rather save money these days. We look for good value.
Couple.
Business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geelong
Rydges Geelong
Novotel Geelong
#2 of 17 in Geelong
BEST WESTERN Geelong Motor Inn And Serviced Apartments
Econo Lodge Hacienda Motel Geelong

Been to Aberdeen Motor Inn? Share your experiences!