“Refreshingly Original, Clean, Comfy, & Full of Character !!!”

Aberdeen Motor Inn Geelong
Ranked #8 of 9 Geelong B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband & I were thrilled to find that the Aberdeen still has so many of it's original features remaining. This was fantastic!! Sadly too many of these grand accomodations have gone the way of what may be thought of as modernisation, but sadly results in the loss of any unique features, style, class & originality that would enable a premises to stand out - rather than be yet
another clip from a modern day furniture commercial. But thankfully not the Aberdeen Motor Inn.!! The Aberdeen Motor Inn is full of character.
It was exciting to see the wonderful artwork defined by the building itself. The tilework on the facade is supurb, & the original flyscreens great fun. We loved the curved shower rail & you just have to see the lovely etching in the metal. The ceramic taps were a treat & all the extra retro features are amazing. Full credit to the owners for keeping so many of the original features. Our room was extremely clean, the bed was fantastic - in fact it was one of the best sleeps I have ever experienced away from home! And there is a delightful, gorgeous, white fluffy bed spread
on the bed that you just have to feel to believe, reminded me of my own retro rugs, only heaps better!! Would love one for myself.
As for our hosts there are not enough words to describe how absolutley fabulous they were!! Without a doubt some of the most entertaining, interesting, kind, generous, fun, helpful and professional people we have ever had the privelage to meet.
We would definitely stay at the Aberdeen Motor Inn again, & it would be beautiful to see that this place was restored to the way it was "back in the call it retro, the '60s / '70s - the world needs more Aberdeen Motor Inns, & we believe our hosts may just be classy, & brave enough to do it!

Room Tip: Our hosts were fantastic, offering us a chance to see a few different rooms so we could choose the o...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn Geelong, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank your Beck for your terrific review; we are truly over overwhelmed by your positive and innovative comments. We enjoyed having you both stay with us also.

I think we need you as our own personal in house retro designer.

We are currently decorating all are’ ‘Rooms with a view ’’in a new retro style next time you stay we’ll put you in one. I hope we will see you again before too long.
Regards Shellie.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stay at the Aberdeen for business on a regular basis.

The owners are some of the friendliest I have come across, nothing is too much trouble.
Rooms are always clean and have a special feel about them, especially the suites upstairs.
There are lovely views over Geelong and the water.

Older Motel from the outside appears to be under refurbishment.
With scaffolding around the place. Older style bathrooms but clean.

Amazing breakfast, with a lovely fresh variety. As good as many big names we have stayed in.

Only one thing I would improve, they need fresh brewed coffee.

We will return.

I would rather save money these days. We look for good value.

Couple.
Business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
sleepeasygroup, Manager at Aberdeen Motor Inn Geelong, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thanks Guys ,
For you wonderful and flattering remarks. We are always happy to get customer feed back.
We hope to see you again this year.
Cheers John.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stay at the Aberdeen for business on a regular basis.
There are lovely views over Geelong and the water.
Older Motel from the outside appears to be under refurbishment.
With scaffolding around the place. Older style bathrooms but clean.
Only one thing I would improve, they need fresh brewed coffee.
We will return.
I would rather save money these days. We look for good value.
Couple.
Business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there the other night, was quite homely. 5mins walk from the heart of geelong!!

Owners seemed nice. Chatted with them when I saw them. Old man was hilarious and the women reminded me of someone I've seen on TV.

Also the breakfast was very nice, left on a full stomach!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn Geelong, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thanks for your positive happy responsive.
We all had a healthy laugh about my dear 'old' husband who was behind the desk; he's gone out to have laser treatment on all his wrinkles and also a toupee for his bald head.
Any way at least I maybe a famous TV personality, I wish!!
"Oh to be young again"! Thanks for staying with us; it will be nice to have you both here again sometime. Regards Shellie

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our way through to Melbourne got one of the front rooms facing out to the ocean.
We parked our car there and walked into the heart of Geelong.
Close to everything.
There was even a night market on which the owners informed us about.

The room was very affordable and homely.

We were informed of all the places to see and go by the owners who were more than helpful.

Next morning we had to stay for the breakfast as the owners said dont miss it!!
And it was worth staying great food prefect fuel for the stomach for the long drive in front of us.

Have informed my friends and family to stay here when down at Geelong

Will be back again as there is so much more to see and the service and everything was fantastic!!

Only downside was our room was missing a light bulb!

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Guests
Thanks for your comments we did enjoy your positive feed back.
Hope to see you again this year 2014.
Cheers John.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just spent four nights here and stay regularly. It is very quite. It is a very friendly place with great breakfast. Exceptional value. Close to amenities, plenty of parking and guest laundry. Managers are very accommodating. Will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for your review we always get a pleasant lift of sprits to read such a positive comments.
It’s always good to have you as a guest. I hope it’s not too long until your next visit to Geelong.
Regards Shellie.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed one night (skipped breakfast), over busy Christmas holidays. At this price you don't expect anything too salubrious, and that's what you get. A couple of improvements - a light in the room doorway/hallway and more water pressure in the shower - would have been most welcome. My brief encounter with staff was friendly enough. Overall, not bad & did the job.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo