“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 10 Geelong B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stay at the Aberdeen for business on a regular basis.
The owners are some of the friendliest I have come across, nothing is too much trouble.
Rooms are always clean and have a special feel about them, especially the suites upstairs.
There are lovely views over Geelong and the water.
Older Motel from the outside appears to be under refurbishment.
With scaffolding around the place. Older style bathrooms but clean.
Amazing breakfast, with a lovely fresh variety. As good as many big names we have stayed in.
Only one thing I would improve, they need fresh brewed coffee.
We will return.
I would rather save money these days. We look for good value.
Couple.
Business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there the other night, was quite homely. 5mins walk from the heart of geelong!!

Owners seemed nice. Chatted with them when I saw them. Old man was hilarious and the women reminded me of someone I've seen on TV.

Also the breakfast was very nice, left on a full stomach!!!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thanks for your positive happy responsive.
We all had a healthy laugh about my dear 'old' husband who was behind the desk; he's gone out to have laser treatment on all his wrinkles and also a toupee for his bald head.
Any way at least I maybe a famous TV personality, I wish!!
"Oh to be young again"! Thanks for staying with us; it will be nice to have you both here again sometime. Regards Shellie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our way through to Melbourne got one of the front rooms facing out to the ocean.
We parked our car there and walked into the heart of Geelong.
Close to everything.
There was even a night market on which the owners informed us about.

The room was very affordable and homely.

We were informed of all the places to see and go by the owners who were more than helpful.

Next morning we had to stay for the breakfast as the owners said dont miss it!!
And it was worth staying great food prefect fuel for the stomach for the long drive in front of us.

Have informed my friends and family to stay here when down at Geelong

Will be back again as there is so much more to see and the service and everything was fantastic!!

Only downside was our room was missing a light bulb!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sleepeasygroup, Manager at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guests
Thanks for your comments we did enjoy your positive feed back.
Hope to see you again this year 2014.
Cheers John.
Qld
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just spent four nights here and stay regularly. It is very quite. It is a very friendly place with great breakfast. Exceptional value. Close to amenities, plenty of parking and guest laundry. Managers are very accommodating. Will stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review we always get a pleasant lift of sprits to read such a positive comments.
It’s always good to have you as a guest. I hope it’s not too long until your next visit to Geelong.
Regards Shellie.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night (skipped breakfast), over busy Christmas holidays. At this price you don't expect anything too salubrious, and that's what you get. A couple of improvements - a light in the room doorway/hallway and more water pressure in the shower - would have been most welcome. My brief encounter with staff was friendly enough. Overall, not bad & did the job.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Fiona R
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Good value for money. The room was comfortable, and not noisy considering the room overlooked the road. The owners seem to be working hard to update the rooms, and they were both very friendly and welcoming at check in. Would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thanks for your positive comments it makes it all worthwhile.
We are continually refurbishing rooms and building, it will take at least another 12 months to get near the end of the line.
Hope to see you again sometime.
Regards Shellie.
Warrnambool, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is actually our third stay at the Aberdeen Motel. A week in October being the most recent. I've got to say that I've used trip advisor a lot in the past to look up hotels all around the world, trying to get an idea of what to expect. Back in May when I needed to come to Geelong for business, it was important to find somewhere that was both comfortable, within budget and had reasonable reviews. I googled Aberdeen and wasn't disappointed, so thank you tripadvisor for leading us to a little gem.
To be honest, I've just read the most recent review posted by karlzlilly and it just doesn't make sense compared to our experience.
Firstly, John and Shellie are lovely. They've remembered us each time we've rang to book in, and been genuinely dedicated to making our stay as comfortable as possible. They create an air of familiarity that you simply don't get at other places. I've stayed at places with the same check -in staff each day, watching me come and go and ask them questions, only to be greeted with blank faces each time like I'd only just arrived. A warm smile and a interest in my stay makes all the difference.
Secondly, the rooms are actually quite nice. Ours have always been clean to what I call a high standard. Every time we've come back there's been extra improvements and little touches that are noticeable. I can easily see that Shellie and John are working hard to refurbish rooms in a motel from the 60's. What a big job and it's a credit to them.
Thirdly, the breakfast is fantastic. For a continental breakfast there is so much choice. And we've never had a problem with it being absolutely spot on.
All I can say is maybe take the time to read a few of the reviews for any of the properties you are considering staying at. For us, the Aberdeen Motor Inn has always been welcoming, its in a great position, close to everything. Yep you sometimes hear a bit of noise, but it's right in a busy part of the city. I'd be more worried if I heard no noise at all. Take heart that there are places you can stay where you are made to feel absolutely welcome, by friendly people who actually care about having you there.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms have the new air conditioners. But the upstairs rooms at the front have great v...