“Excellent”
Review of Oscar W's Wharfside - CLOSED

Oscar W's Wharfside
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is our third visit to Oscars Echuca. We have found the food to be excellent on all three occasions with different menus also on each visit. The staff that waited on our table on our last visit in January 2014 were excellent and always found time to joke with us although the restaurant was quiet busy. The prices were average for that type of dining. The only downside was the flies but hey we live in Australia and flies are everywhere.

• Visited January 2014

“Terrible use of a great location.”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Has been an annual ritual to go to oscars with the family each xmas holidays. Each year has gotten progressively worse with this year being the last straw. Worst steak I have ever had, all other meals were sparse and below average, then came the rude staff and ridiculous prices. So bad went to ice cream store for desert and vowed never to return. Looking forward to finding somewhere new in 2014.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Jimboes
Cairns
“Nice setting poor food”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Oscar w has a great setting, good service but the food certainly does not match the price tag,
We had two fish meals (the side of mash tasted better than the fish and it cost extra ) One beer and a bottle of mineral water for a cost in excess of $100.00 !
Sorry but won't go back

• Visited December 2013
“Rude staff”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

On a visit from interstate, to the town I grew up in, I suggested getting together with old schoolfriends for drinks at Oscars. Despite not being a busy night, the service was slow and inattentive. Some drinks were made incorrectly. Others, the post-mix was flat. The errors were corrected but my drink with post-mix was simply re-made the same and delivered to the table, again dead flat! When I returned it in protest, service from the head barman went further downhill. For a quality restaurant to not have another alternative to postmix is poor and lacking in service to the customers. After a third failef drink, the barman then became quite rude to me and the whole table noted. The fingerfood we ordered was ordinary. Overall, I quite resented paying the bill at the end. The experience was a let-down and I felt offended. We moved on to other venues. I won't return. I do not accept being punished for exercising my right to return a faulty product, and certainly do not expect to have to do it repeatedly!! Very poor.

1 Thank KateForan
Melbourne, Australia
“So, so”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We've been to Oscar W's a few times over the years and it has usually been very good. The setting is exceptional and the staff are always friendly and professional. This time, though, my food was very disappointing. I would have told the waiter that I was not impressed but, not surprisingly, I was never asked. It wasn't all bad, but surely that's not good enough. My husband had the steak and was happy enough.

• Visited December 2013