“Good food let down by bad service”

Antonio's On The Port
Ranked #24 of 87 Restaurants in Echuca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

On a recent visit to Echuca booked a table for seven on a quiet weekday night. The food and wine was excelllent but let down by the service. In a nearly empty restaurant the 3 staff were having far too good a time to bother looking after their guests. The service was slow and nearly ruined a great family reunion. I would hesitate to return and as we have family in the area we would have made this a regular haunt but no one on a night out spending about $300 likes to be ignored!

AntoniosManager, Manager at Antonio's On The Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Hello,
We at Antonio's like to provide a family feel to our restaurant's atmosphere, especially on weeknights. We like to include our guests in the banter and you will often find us engaging with our patrons in a fun and exuberant manner when we have the opportunity. I have spoken to the staff that worked on this night and they have informed me that the party had a great night and left a generous tip for our wait staff. I wish to apologise that you found our staff did not meet your expectations and were not quick enough to attend to your requests. The staff are saddened that they did not meet your expectations and wish to apologise for the misunderstanding.
The owner is more than happy to discuss this with you confidentially and can be reached on 5482 6117 after 6 pm.
Thank you for your comments and we do wish that you join us again in the future so we may provide you with the service that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

While waiting to be seated waiter told us he can't wait to go home for a bong. Food was average as was service price was fair

AntoniosManager, Manager at Antonio's On The Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Hello,
I would like to apologise for the comment you believe was made to you whilst waiting to be seated. This is not representative of our service model. We are disappointed that you did not bring this to the attention of the manager on the night, which would have enabled us to address the situation directly and promptly, rectifying any issues immediately. The long weekends are always busy and unfortunately this does sometimes mean slightly longer waiting times. We apologise that our service was not up to your standard, however on the same evening we received many compliments and also a review of how impressed our patrons were.
Kind Regards,
Antonio's on the Port Echuca

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We are in Echuca for the long weekend, and we noticed that Antionio's was packed on Saturday night, so we decided to book a table for Sunday night. We are glad we did because the restaurant is packed to the rafters with happy diners. Our meals were amazing - hubby had the lamb, whilst I had the lobster mornay. Beautiful food and well presented, together with chatty and happy service staff, this was a great dining experience.
I will return to Echuca, and when I do, Antonio's will be on top of my list of restaurants to visit. Thank you for a great meal!

AntoniosManager, Manager at Antonio's On The Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Hello,
I am so glad you booked for Sunday night and enjoyed your time with us. It was a very busy night and made for an exciting and lively atmosphere! Thank-you for writing such a detailed and positive review.
We would like to extend our welcome on your next visit and we look forward to your company in the future.
Please be sure to join our Birthday Club (if you haven't already!) to receive a wonderful discount on your next Birthday, to put towards another delicious Antonio's dining experience!
Antonio's on the Port Echuca

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I drive an hour to go to Echuca to buy take away pizzas from Antonios. On the weekend i specifically drove there to buy pizza and then headed home again.They are the best. Great take away menu and I have had the pasta and it is divine as well. The pizza menu is great and the wood fired flavour is superior. Keep up the great food!

AntoniosManager, Manager at Antonio's On The Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Hello,
We agree with your views on the wood fired oven giving the unique flavour to our pizza's. We believe this is the best way to produce a full smoke flavoured pizza with our combination of delicious toppings. We are very impressed that you travel from Pyramid Hill and we are thrilled that you are one of our regular customers!
I am sure that you have already joined our Birthday Club, but if you haven't, please fill out the form on your next visit so you may receive a discount voucher on your next Birthday.
Thank-you for your great review,

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The food was amazing. My mother had the Cajun chicken pizza and her hubby had the steak which was a huge piece of meat which was perfectly cooked. I ordered an entree portion of pasta putanesca and a calabresi pizza. The food all came at once so I ended up snaffling down the pizza as it was so delicious and so filling. The pizza base was beautiful. I couldn't eat the pasta putanesca so took it home to my very appreciative wife. It was gorgeous. The Napoli sauce they obviously home make is stunning. The food was washed down with a bottle of Reisling. Would I recommend? Hell yeah! Will I come back? Hell yeah! The best meal I ate in Echuca by a country mile!!

AntoniosManager, Manager at Antonio's On The Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Hello,
It is lovely when you go out for a meal and the whole family enjoys the evening thoroughly. We would like to thank you for you review as it makes all the difference to our chefs and floor/kitchen staff as we love to pass on your kind words.
We look forward to you visiting us in the future and tantalising your tastebuds once again!
Please enquire about our Birthday Club (if you haven't already!) on your next visit and join up to receive your discount voucher for your next Birthday!