“Friendly but could do with a tart up”

Pevensey Motor Lodge
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Echuca
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and found the bed very hard. Also the bathroom is in need of an update and towels were not changed. It is quite a walk to the wharf so need to consider this before you set out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Macandree
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Pevensey Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Macandree,
Thank you for the review. We are pleased you liked the welcome. We are renovating our bathrooms up to the standard of the bedrooms so, if you visit us again, you should get one of these. We do hope to see you again sometime.
Regards,
Tim & Alysha
Owners

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is my second time back to the Pevensey and there's nowhere else I'd stay in Echuca. I was warmly greeted by the very friendly and always smiling Alyssa who remembered me from my last visit and took the time to ask how bysiness is and even made a call to the golf course to see what the special was that evening! On top of that I was offered a free soft drink or a glass of wine and my room was unlocked for me with the heater on. It really is the little things that make all the difference, thank you Alyssa I'll be back again :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We just turned up and luckily one room was available.
It was a well appointed comfortable room - can't think of anything to complain about. Bed was very comfortable and the heating fine (once you figure out the controller!)
We weren't aware of any traffic noise.
The situation is convenient - short drive along to main shops, restaurants and attractions.

Would be happy to come again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked this at the last minute after looking up accommodation in Echuca on my iPhone as we decided not to drive home in the fog. When we booked and I mentioned the room rate online I was told that we could have the room for that price but we would be getting the very back room. The bed was very hard and neither my husband or I got much sleep and the heater took ages to warm up - took ages for us to work it out even though we followed the instructions. We ended up getting into the bed with electric blanket to keep warm. Needs a bit of an upgrade and a new mattress.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jenstewart
PevMotelOwner, Owner at Pevensey Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hi JenStewart, sorry your standards were not met, however our room rate that night of $90 represents great value for money, and we thank you for choosing to stay with us, kind regards Alysha and Tim Griffiths.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Staff Tim and aleysha very friendly. Breakfast was good and worth the money. Plenty of hot water for showers and adequate heating during winter. Usual appliances on the room I.e LCD TV, fridge iron tea and coffee in room, fridge had the usual soft drinks, water Chocs
and chips which you paid at the end of your stay. Wi Fi Internet at $ 8 per day which I used as the partner has her tablet for web browsing. The wash basin in the toilet was in the corner which was a little hard to see. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

A fine hotel for a budget price although we paid extra for the spa room and there was not enough hot water to fill the spa so we didn't get to enjoy that. Room was right on the road so a little noisy - being further back would be better. Reception guy extremely friendly. Bed comfy and once you work out the heater it works well!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

stayed here in june 13. the room was very cleaned and pre warmed prior to our arrival. "GR888t" it was very cold outside. The reception when i called was fantastic, they could not do enough for you. they run and excellent business that anyone would be proud to visit.

Room Tip: rooms are very large