“not bad, would stay again.”
Review of Paddlewheel Motel

Paddlewheel Motel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Echuca
Melbourne, Australia
“not bad, would stay again.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way home to melbourne. We were shown two rooms, the standard being really small and the superior much better. They offered superior at no extra cost as I was unable to manage smaller room due to being on crutches. The room was large and suited our needs. The only bit of feedback would be that the bathroom was very small. and the ceiling sloped making it feeling closed in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kerrie N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here recently with a colleague overnight for business purposes - we had a two room apartment. The main room was large but also had the living area and kitchen, whereas the second room was smaller with two single beds. I can see that it would be perfect for a family stay. Comfortable enough, and the heating worked well. Like all hotels in Echuca, it's located on a busy road, but during the night there wasn't much traffic noise except for passing trucks. I would probably consider staying here again if I was on holiday rather than a work trip, as it was good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank simone_a13
Khancoban, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed overnight after spending a cold day on a motorcycle.
Got into the room and turned on the window rattler air-con. Man, was that thing noisy. The room was freezing cold so I left it on while I went out to get something to eat.
I got back a half hour later and the room was still cold, so I reluctantly cranked it up to deafening, I mean high, in an attempt to get warm. This didn't work.
I tried to watch a movie on sky but the TV would only allow me to turn it up to 50 on the volume button which couldn't be heard over the wall rattler (now on low)(not because it was warm).
Oh great.
I tried sleeping with the air con on but it was too noisy. I had the electric blanket on, but that was on a timer and I woke again feeling cold. I look outside in the middle of the night and everything is dark. So now I have concerns about my motorcycle in the dark with no security lighting what-so-ever.
I turn on the electric blanket and the wall rattler and try and get back to sleep. Too late. I can't get back to sleep. I spend the next couple of hour cursing the Motel while trying to get back to sleep.
Well, I couldn't wait to get out of Echuca after this.
So I'm looking for a positive.
Well, the main room appeared to be clean. The toilet had a large spiderweb in it and the vent in the window was blocked with who knows how many years of gunk, so I can't say that was clean.
To summarise.
Cold.
Noisy.
Dark.
Questionable vehicle security.

Would I stay again. NO.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank redphase
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed at the paddle-wheel motel for the weekend. Room was described as a superior double but it was similar to many i had stayed in elsewhere. The accommodation is in the form of a U-shape with the base facing out on to the busy High street. We were housed on the upper level near the breeze way. Everything was fine and worked reasonably well. the Staff were friendly and the breakfasts reasonably priced. However, the noise from High street was loud and the emergency town fire alarm is located not too far away.
The parking spots were tight and it was difficult to get in or out of your vehicle when adjacent spots were occupied.

Room Tip: Select a downstairs room towards the back of the property
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank allanalderson
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Excellent stay at a reasonable price. The rooms are large and very clean. Close to all amenities and attractions. Very helpful staff. Recommended and would stay again......... .............................

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Overall excellent stay with the children close to the town centre, the pool was not heated on the day and we were looking forward to an after dinner swim or spa a last minute upgrade was welcomed and we enjoyed a spa, I recommend the spa room. Price was reasonable and the staff where lovely

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

What a lovely, friendly and helpful front desk. Bookings, local adventures, and advice about where to eat drink and which paddle steamer to go on. The room was comfortable and everything worked. Breakfast arrived when it should and they used REAL milk.....

Our room was an older style but it was clean, functional and spacious. Well insulated and at a reasonable price. We WILL stay there again. Wendy is a treasure and the location allowed you to walk to the old port, supermarket, pictures and everything else...leave the car and walk around....
Thanks for a pleasant stay. W and K