“Idyllic spot for lunch”

Beechworth Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Echuca
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Welcome to Echuca and an experience like no other! Our bakery here offers both upstairs and downstairs as well as indoor and outdoor seating, overlooking the calm and serene surroundings of the Campaspe river. And in addition to the visual feast, let us also entice your senses with our yummo coffee and delectable cakes and pastries. Come and kick back, relax and enjoy the warm personalised service from our friendly team. Immerse yourself in the atmosphere with friends or family, while listening to one our popular local bands, every Sunday around lunch time. Now, that's how life was meant to be...
Reviewed March 11, 2014

It's been a while since I ate a pie, but these were like I remember from 'the good old days"! Flaky pastry, very generous filling with identifiable chunks of meat, not too much gravy... perfect.

Combine this with a shady raised deck overlooking the river with ducks and other birds, plus many well-fed carp looking for another feed, and you have the ideal spot for a quick lunch while on the road.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Years ago I paid money to listen to Tom O'Toole speak. He left me inspired enough to come along to his bakery and see what all the hype was about. After finding the only table (outside) that wasn't covered in plates, we sat down. Soon after the smokers arrived, but that is hard to blame on the bakery. For some reason there was a lady attempting to provide some entertainment, I think she calls it singing, I call it woeful. I was served by the next available fun loving staff member (according to the companies 13 reasons to work there) and didn't recall a smile on one persons face. It seemed to be a chore to serve anyone that particular day. 10 minutes waiting for my coffee, I took them out to our table. Luke warm at best on arrival. Out of interest I had time to read every single feedback sheet on the wall while waiting for out cold coffee. 50% of them were complaints. Tom, you need to get back to basics and have a look at what is going on there. I don't remember the last time Coffee wasn't brought out to a table.

BeechworthBaker, Manager at Beechworth Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Hi Andrew. Thank you for visiting our Echuca Bakery, and for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your expectations weren’t met. As you noticed in our Bakery, we’re not afraid of feedback and we always make sure we are honest with our customers and provide a balanced perspective of ourselves - there is always room to improve and we want our customers to know we are aware of our faults and we are working on it. We will be addressing your concerns regarding unenthused staff, and share your disappointment. Our Bakery Manager in Echuca will be informed and appropriate action will be taken. With regards to your coffees, this too is disappointing and will be addressed. If you decide to visit us in future we would like to encourage you to bring any concerns to our store Supervisors immediately and we will do everything in our power to rectify any problem there & then. We do, however, hope that if you do chose to visit us again we provide a better experience for you. Cheers, Lanie

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Awesome food, lots to choose from, great views of the river. It's convenient that they have eftpos. Little bit expensive though.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

With free music on Sundays and a great view of the Campaspe River what an idyllic setting to sit and wonder at the majesty of the River and the Australian trees.
Whether one wants sun or shade you can sit and take in the grandeur of the River.
Well trained staff are very friendly and welcoming.
Always go there when visiting Echuca

1  Thank alan9999
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Like the other reviewers have noted, the bottomless cup of coffee and the upstairs verandah overlooking the Campaspe River are fantastic, particularly on a hot day, as the area is shaded and there is a lovely breeze.
I had forgotten about beesting cakes. We were decadent and got a family-sized one. They obligingly cut it for us, so we ate some there, then took the rest home for supper.
A great bakery that is reasonably priced given the high quality of its goods.