“Holliday”
other travelers have booked this property
Entrance To Barbret Lake Lounge with log burner
2nd Bedroom
Shower room
Lake view
View from cabin doors
View from front gate end
Children's playground
Play Caravan
Children's play caravan
BBQ and Firepit area
Relax by the solar heated pool
30lb 40oz carp
Caught June 2017
37lb 12oz Carp caught November 2017
Caught March 2017
Baby Catfish at 24lb 3oz
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Vikki B
“Holliday”
Reviewed August 19, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

We booked in 2017 first trip to France not sure what to expect on arrival Chris and Kate met us with open arms made us feel right at home Chris knowledge of the lake was exceptional taught me alot on the fishing side and Kate would bend over backwards to make our stay perfect the cabin was absolutely brilliant everything you need and more we arrived as guest and left as friends would definitely recommend Evan booked for the following year

Aug 20, 2018
Thanks guys, we both look forward to seeing you next year.
ToniAnnGu...
Faversham, United Kingdom
“Excellent carp fishing”
Reviewed July 22, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Just returned from a fantastic 10 days stay at Barbret Lake. The hosts Chris and Kate could not do enough for you, Chris's knowledge of fishing was first class and helped both myself and husband to catch some excellent carp we both beat our pb's. Kate is a very friendly and warm person nothing was too much trouble she made our stay very comfortable and relaxing. Also Kate had good local knowledge of near by attractions if you want a break from fishing. To be honest we found it hard to stay away from the lake to long as it was set it such a beautiful peaceful location with first class facilities. Thank you Chris and Kate for a first class holiday. See you soon.

Jul 22, 2018
Thanks guys for your kind words - we look forward to seeing you next year
s w
“Great Short break!”
Reviewed May 23, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

My father and I spent 4 nights at the lake and was a truly wonderful time.
Chris and Kate are nothing but nice people who go above and beyond to ensure you have a great time. I will return to the lake ASAP, when there is availability that is!
I can honestly recommend this place to both families and keen carpers. Thanks again!

May 25, 2018
Thank you - we loved having you and look forward to seeing you again
Reg L
“What a fabulous place !”
Reviewed May 8, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We exchanged a lot of emails ahead of the trip as I wanted to make sure we brought the right gear and Chris / kate were amazingly helpful. Very easy to deal with and very straight forward / honest.

When we arrived having travelled from from Caen , we were blown away. Pictures do not do this place justice as it is gorgeous !

I like to fish , but am not an obsessive angler, I like nice looking picturesque places with the chance to catch great fish - well this was it .
The hosts - Chris and Kate were fabulous , there was nothing that was too much trouble for them , they really defined the phrase "Home from Home" . You will not find better hosts anywhere, they treat you like friends not guests and are amazingly honest , caring , thoughtful people. Chris was unbelievably helpful , with help on the Bait, tactics , areas to target etc.. he really was great with my mate who is a bit inexperienced with the carp when he arrived but was capable of dealing with a 27 pounder by the end of it. As a couple they were so kind and friendly we Felt pretty pampered by the end of the trip. I won't go into the hundred reasons why I say that but treat them well and with respect and you will see why I say that.

The place - Gorgeous, Picturesque, Clean , everything you want and could need is there , swimming pool , shooting range , darts and pool, BBQ, amazing breakfasts and dinners from Kate ( you will find no room for lunch after the breakfast).
Cabin is a stunning setting and very comfortable and the caravan is amazing . Pictures cannot give you the full picture.

The lake - fabulous setting with plenty of swims around the lake . Each with features and plenty of options for Fishing. Great looking water which in turn hold some great fish.

The fish - amazing condition , healthy , fighting fish that were gorgeous , no massive boilie bellies obese fish here , all beautifully proportioned .

We had twenties every day plus lovely tench. I caught my first ever Catfish at 23lb following some advice from Chris and my mate beat his PB with the 27pounder. I am back ASAP to break my PB !

Sensible rules keep the fish in good nick and please don't think you know everything - Chris feeds the fish and looks after them , takes his advice and listen to him , you will be glad if you do.

I could go on for hours but If you want to relax and enjoy some lovely surrounding , lovely company and lovely fishing - come here !!!

May 10, 2018
We are blown away by this, thank you - the gate is always open to you guys, thank you so much we thoroughly enjoyed your company.
Itsablast...
“Tranquil & Relaxing”
Reviewed March 5, 2018 for a stay in May 2016

Sorry this review is quite late, just remembered to write it! We had a wonderful time at the lake, very peaceful but just what we needed. Myself, Partner (the fisherman) and our then 6 year old son all had an amazing time. My partner was very impressed with the well stocked lake, he gained his PB with a 27lb mirror carp. Myself and son especially liked the little rowing boat and hot tub. Our hosts were very friendly & helpful & and the accommodation was well equipped & comfortable. I would recommend this place for the peace & tranquility, oh and of course the fishing!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
DCR1984
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Excellent french fishery”
Reviewed October 30, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

What a fantastic break away we have had. Nothing too much trouble for the owners Chris and Kate. Fish are great and facilities are excellent. booked again for next year and in no doubt that this place will be a regular holiday spot for us.

Nov 1, 2017
Many thanks for your kind words and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Great fishing Bobbie, think we may have converted you to Carp fishing!!!! We so look forward to seeing you next year.
MicheleR1...
“Nothing is to much trouble”
Reviewed August 16, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

There is know end to what Chris and Kate will do to make your stay the best it can possibly be. They even go out of their way to help the younger generation to experience the joy of landing a big fish. There is know age limit on this lake. They are a happy friendly couple and the lake is stunning in a truly idyllic setting, and full of big fish. I could not give this place higher praise.

Aug 18, 2017
Thank you for your comments, we loved having you stay with us and you are more than welcome back
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing