“Great night out for a work Christmas break up”

My Teppanyaki Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My Teppanyaki Japanese Restaurant Bendigo is a great night out, we had a work Christmas break up there and found that we could all talk, the food was lovely, prices were ok and all in all was a very entertaining night watching a master chief do his thing. We will be back.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I dined here for our anniversary the food was great and the chef was very entertaining can.t wait to go back and take the kids this time.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I've had Tep inMelb, LA, Indonesia, Sydney, Seattle. Never been to Japan. This though is the best I've ever had. Just wish they would change menu or add a special from time to time!

2  Thank Moby-Wan
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We discovered My Teppanyaki on a weekend trip to Bendigo - which has now become an annual family tradition, and a visit to My Teppanyaki a must! The service is friendly and welcoming. The chef's performance is masterful and entertaining. The food is fresh and delicious - make sure you have a light lunch in preparation for a delectable feast! Kids will love th food and the entertainment. The atmosphere is warm and subtle - the rest depends on the company you keep. Make sure you book because it gets busy! Can't wait for this year's treat!

Reviewed February 9, 2011

I have been to My Teppanyaki once before, and it was just as good as it was this time. I went there for my birthday, and it was fantastic. You start off with a small meal; maybe a salad or some soup. You order your main meal, and the cook comes out, heats the teppanyaki (literally "iron plate grilled" or barbeque) and makes your meal right in front of your eyes. Only, it seems as if it's in fast forward and as if there's some sort of special effects that deceive you. But no, that is actually the cook, cutting up your meal at lighting fast speed, throwing eggs behind his back, flipping the soy sauce bottle around as he sprinkles it here and there, and asking you to hold out your hands so you can catch your bowl (because he throws it underarm to you). To top the night off, he expertly wrote a Happy Birthday message (to me and another patron whose birthday was on the same day) upside-down, backwards and in perfect joint writing. The service is very good; the waitresses are very nice and speak English very well, almost as if it's their native language! The only negative thing I have on offer is the price, which was roughly $200 dollars for four people (me included), but that includes drinks, tax and tips. But it is well worth the price; the food and service are excellent, and the layout of the restaurant is very authentic. 4