“stunningly good”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne
“stunningly good”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have been visiting Bendigo on a monthly basis for at least 5 years now and have only just discovered this little gem. We chose the mixed platter of entrees to establish their skills across the diverse range of entrees on offer, and then for main we chose a curry and stir fry. All of the morsels on the entree platter were magnificent. there was no residual oil, fried items were perfectly crisp and balanced in flavour. the 3 sauces enabled the diner to select the most appropriate combination and the peanut sauce was to die for. the masmun (excuse the spelling) was well balanced in flavours and happily married with the coconut rice. the basil / chilli stirfry which I selected with chicken had clean, distinctive, well balanced flavours. Those chilli lovers can eat the seperately fried chillis which decorate the dish and can be used to increase the heat impact. As Thai food lovers we were stunned at the quality of this restaurant. The restaurant itself is located in an old bank and the location alone is worth a look. the decorative plaster work is ornate and enchanting.

• Visited October 2012

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Lovely and Flavoursome!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We enjoyed the banquet for three and were impressed by the quality of the food although for the price you are paying, more substantial servings would make it an even better experience.

Otherwise, it is very clean, offers good service and very comfortable and spacious dining in a beautiful old bank building.

Big Tip: A must is to try the Yellow Chicken Curry!! Awesome flavours.

Visited October 2012
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
“Best lunch deal in Bendigo”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Bunja Thai offers tasty Thai dishes at reasonable prices but what makes them stand out is their lunch deal, MOnday to Friday where for $12, you get 2 curries, with salad, rice and roti. I have lunch at Bunja Thai at least once a week because the variety is always good, the ingredients fresh and the value is too good to ignore.

Visited October 2012
Sale, Victoria
“Delicious fresh food”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This restaurant is centrally located.. I enjoy Thai food and this satisfied my needs. My meal was delicious and was highlighted with fresh and very tasty ingredients. The service was quick, efficient and friendly. Prices are mid range and good value for money. I recommend it highly.

• Visited July 2012
“Refused service.”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was told this place was great because of their lunch deals, so I thought I would give it a try, it is stated lunch period finishes at 2:30 PM, I walked in at 2:00 PM, The lady served me, I had asked for 2 of their lunch meal packs, and the lady replied straight up with a "no", without even giving any reason as to why. I was embarassed to get rejected like that, it would of been fine if she had given a reason, but she was just plain rude.

1 Thank BGOBOY