“Comfortable, cosy, gorgeous”
other travelers have booked this property
Relax at Pengallie when you stay in Bendigo
Lounge room at Pengallie decorated with Laura Ashley, free FOXTEL Josette Queen Bedroom at Pengallie
Check Availability
Josette Queen Bedroom at Pengallie
Oriental Garden Queen Bedroom at Pengallie
The Dining Room at Pengallie
The kitchen at Pengallie
Pengallie is a popular choice for Bridal parties to stay before and after their weddings
Chat to Christine about any special requirements that you would like catered for on your special day
Pengallie Boutique Self Contained Accommodation Bendigo
Stop and smell the roses, relax and unwind at Pengallie
Relax outside in the sunshine at Pengallie
Oriental Queen Bedroom, Pengallie
A comfortable fold out bed can be set up in the Dining room as a private room for a fifth guest
Entry hall, Pengallie. Well stocked with Visitor Information, Dining suggestions, maps & local info
Books, Games, Toys, Music and Ipod dock
Romance aplenty. Let us know if you are planning a romantic getaway to Pengallie
Bendigo's Corner Store Cafe is just on our corner. Open 7 days for breakfast, and fully licensed
Just one of the beautiful chandeliers to be found at Pengallie
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
G P
“Comfortable, cosy, gorgeous”
Reviewed June 28, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Stayed for one night with a girlfriend - great to have a queen room each. The house as been beautifully restored - make sure you take a peek at the scrapbook in the living room which shows how much work has gone in to it. Thoughtful touches like an array of bathroom products in case you've forgotten anything, plus a good selections of teas, real and instant coffee and even a couple of hot chocolate sachets.

Fabulous location, with off-street parking. We walked everywhere, and really enjoyed looking at the different architecture along the way. There is a hill between you and town so that helps work up an appetite!

Christine was very friendly, and met us at the property to give us a quick tour. The house warms up quickly (important in Bendigo in winter) so is very cosy. The house is exactly as it appears on the website. Beds were also extremely comfortable, and the location is very quiet so enjoyed an excellent night's sleep. There is also an excellent cafe at the other end of the block for breakfast/lunch.

I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location and comfort
Liked least: no decaf options for the coffee (but this is a minor point!)
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Sep 8, 2015
Thank you. We too love the beautiful architecture in our local streets. We are committed to providing the best quality fixtures and ammenities at Pengallie for our guests enjoyment. We hope to see you again soon at Pengallie. Kind regards, Christine
Len_Lambc...
Melbourne
“Stunning home - great location”
Reviewed March 15, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed at gorgeous Pengallie for one night in late February. The house is stunning but in a warm, inviting and cosy way; everything is decorated beautifully - the owners have spared no expense and have gone with quality fittings throughout. Everywhere you look there are little touches that make you feel like you are staying in someone's home, not just a rental house. I felt like royalty waking up in the main bedroom which is very glamorous..

I was in Bendigo to visit the gallery and found Pengallie to be perfectly situated for my visit. It's also close to several very good restaurants, as well as having a great cafe at the next street corner, perfect for a lazy brunch.

There's no wifi which was the one thing I found missing in Pengallie. Having said that, Pengallie is being continuously improved by its loving owners so watch this space. It may be added.

I appreciated the very warm and friendly welcome I got from Christine, who also made herself available very quickly when I locked myself out. And I also appreciated that they offered a one night minimum booking as every other place I looked at had a two night minimum booking. I think next time I visit, though, I'll stay a little longer and enjoy this lovely house a few more days!

Date of stay: February 2015
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Sep 8, 2015
Thank you, you will be pleased to know that we now do have WIFI dedicated solely for Pengallie guests useage. We really appreciate the feedback, and look forward to seeing you in our beautiful City again soon. Kind regards, Christine
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing