“Good food”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

When the dish I ordered arrived I was astounded by the size of the serving - I ate alone but the dish could easily have served two. The proprietor was most charming and could not have been more helpful. Great food, beautifully cooked in a family-friendly atmosphere - would recommend this restaurant any time.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was a chance visit during lunch time with two young children. The lunch and drink deal was excellent and the variety of food available was quite surprising. We couldn't eat all of the food we were given, as the servings were quite large. Will definitely visit the Sabah House again. I am keen to try their dinner menu.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Looking to eat out on a Sunday evening in Bendigo is not easy, but this place was a welcome gem. The decor is a little spartan but what you pay for goes into the food & the service. I also like the fact that, with the kitchen adjacent to the eating areas, you can see your food order being prepared & cooked.
We ordered Char Kway Teow (the test of authenticity), cereal crispy prwans, and Singapore Fish Head soup. The first 2 were very good but the soup lacked sufficient cummin & tamarind spices. Our bill inluding beers was circa $60.
Next time, we are in the area, we'll certainly try other items on the menu.

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten in once and had take away a few times, when it first opened, the food was excellent and cheap lunch meals, the dine in experience is a bit flat, but the other day, I had ordered 2 of the usual, which was the hainese chicken lunch deal, and the chilli sauce was way more spicy compared to my other experiences there, and the sauce with the chicken was really salty, the thing that surprised me most was, the chicken I was served was not fresh at all, as I had compared the texture, look and taste, to the exact same meal, with the same cut of chicken (chicken thigh meat).

At this time I am dissapointed with their quality, but will give them another chance to redeem themselves.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I love everything about this place.I have spent a lot of time in Malaysia and know authentic Malaysian food. The food is great, plentiful and cheap. The manager is friendly and even brought my daughter a specially made drink for nothing. Close to the best Malaysian experience I have had in Australia