“Frequent user for Business Trips”
Review of Quest Bendigo

Quest Bendigo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I often stay at the Quest in Bendigo for business purposes and short stays. Never had a problem with this venue, always clean, staff are always very nice and professional.

No hesitation in continually going back to Quest Bendigo.

Only minor issue experience during last stay - purchased 24hrs of internet access, however, the patch in the wall for data was for a phone line, not a data cable and the wireless access was very low.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I personally review all online feedback together with our staff and appreciate the time you have taken to review the property.
We welcome guest feedback both positive and negative and use it as a way to continually improve our processes and property presentation, with the ultimate goal of improving guests experience when staying at Quest Bendigo.

We are a Wireless Internet Property with access from all apartments. We continually monitor signal strength so I am unsure as to why you experienced low signal during this stay.
Thank you again for completing your review, we hope to see you again when next visiting Bendigo.

Should you wish to discuss this review in detail, I can be contacted at the property during business hours.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Arrived in Bendigo a little after 1.00pm to enquire as to whether our apartment was ready. It was not however we were told to return after 2.00pm We arrived back at 2.20 and checked in. Upon questioning, the young receptionist assured that all was now ready and the bedding configuration was as booked IE king + twin single beds.
We entered the room noticing that the rubbish bin was not put away and other items not put away. A housemaid appeared from the bedroom tucking a pillow into a pillow case and queried as to why we were in the room as her masterlist showed that the room was not due to be cleaned and finished that day. We explained our situation. This housemaid was terrific and asked us to sit down while she went to reception to seek assistance.
In due course a more senior receptionist arrived, apologised for the error and advised that they would make another room available on the 2nd floor being 1 floor up, however with only a queen bed and 2 single beds. This was ok for us.. However this room was not quite finished so we were asked if we would like a coffee and cordial for the teenagers while we waited for the same to be completed.. We were invited to the pool lounge area and the same would be bought to us. Upon arriving at this area we were unable to enter as the same was locked. We found alternate seating. In due course refreshments were brought tous along with a newspaper and a couple of chocolates. Again this was most appreciated.
As I had slipped over in a motel in Echuca a couple of days earlier and hurt my back it was great to finally get to the room, even though several flights of stairs had to be negotiated with suit cases in tow.
We found the apartment quite nice, modern clean and comfortable apart from the main queen bed which would rate as the wost of our holiday. Hotels unfortunately seem to use these perceived luxurious mattresses, however I am sure that management have never tried to get a good nights sleep on the same. Whilst the mattress is luxurious and soft it is indeed extremely hot to sleep on. possibly being made uf of a latex material that does not breath. On top of this as it is so soft it fails to offer any degree of support. Certainly not conducive to a goods nights rest.
The cleaning staff and supervisor were particularly helpful in assisting us sort out the room errors along with the senior receptionist/manager?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property and voice your concerns regarding some issues during your stay.

We welcome guest feedback both positive and negative and use it as a way to continually improve our processes and property presentation, with the ultimate goal to improve our guests’ experience when staying at Quest Bendigo.

Thank you again for your understanding and completing your review, we hope to see you again when next visiting Bendigo.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at the Quest Bendigo for 1 night and found the rooms neat and tidy and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Staff were fantastic, but I was let down by a number of other things. The rooms are dated and very bland, we found rubbish under the beds whilst looking for our kids toys, even though we were set back one room from the very busy main road, traffic noise kept us awake all night. The manager assured us the windows were double glazed but on closer inspection they are just single glaze and thin at that. Most anoning of all was the hotel wireless network would not allow me to use my wireless card by effectivly blocking it so I had no choice but to pay them $13 for 24hrs use of their wireless. Bendigo is a great city but hotel, motel choices are very limited and the standard is below other areas in Australia. I'd try not to stay here again.

Room Tip: Chose a room far away from the road
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo.

All apartments are continually updated as part of a cyclic programme and are due for a repaint and equipment upgrade this year.

With regard to cleaning standards, we continually receive favourable comments from guests on apartment’s cleanliness; however we will review your comments with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure standards are consistently achieved.

The apartment windows are double glazed with all opening balcony doors glazed with 10mm safety glass to reduce outside noise.

The property offers a wireless broadband service available to all apartments and I can assure you that there are no blocking restrictions on guests wishing to use their own ISP connection devise. The connectivity issue would have been with your Internet Service Provider that you were trying to connect with.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I booked three rooms as part of a business trip. All the rooms were clean and the apartments had a lot more space than your standard motel. It was good to have a kitchen and lounge area as well as the bedrooms.
The staff were very friendly and check in and out was quick and simple.
The Bendigo Quest is a few kilometres friom the centre of Bendigo but this is not a problem as it is less than 5 minutes by car even allowing for "peak hour".

Room Tip: We got a good discount by booking through Wotif.com.au
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Thank you again for completing this review, we hope to see you again when next visiting Bendigo.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Just stayed at Quest Bendigo on High Street and went to see the Easter actives. Bendigo is pumping and the facilities and service at Quest were great. I hear there is another Quest in town as well so i will try that one next time.

Room Tip: Look out for deals with Quest that include shows or exhibitions such as Grace Kelly.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly upgrading and improving our facilities, so all feedback, whether positive, or negative, is important to us and greatly appreciated. We look forward to being of service again whenever required.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Booked a room over Easter 2 months in advance. On day we are travelling Quest contact us about lunch time. The room is unavailable due to "maintenance". Made no attempt to find other equivalent accommodation. Care factor: zero!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

My name is Robyn Beer and I am the franchisee of Quest Bendigo.
It saddens me to read the feedback from our Easter guest travelling from Adelaide with his family. Unfortunately, there are situations beyond our control and such was the case on this occasion. We had a maintenance issue that could not be fixed, due to it being a public holiday. This is an unfortunate circumstance in the accommodation industry and often in holiday periods, is beyond our control.
This booking was also made through Wotif.com whose policy is that all communication with guests is done through them.
A Quest Bendigo staff member did contact Wotif to advise that we were unable to honour the booking and that we had found them alternative accommodation at another Bendigo property.
I wish to stress that the comment by Neil C is not correct as we were able to find alternative accommodation for the family well before they arrived in Bendigo. They were informed of the situation at the time by Wotif and feedback from the property where they stayed indicated that they were happy with their stay and had no complaints.
We would never leave our guests stranded. The comfort of everyone is our prime concern at all times.