All reviews great location within walking distance sacred heart central location beechworth bakery great place to stay rooms are spacious the main road nice room great shower tourist attractions electric blankets fresh milk stay there again centre of town easy walk short walk
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2019

We stayed two nights.The location is close to CBD (600 metre walk to Bendigo Art Gallery) which is great because onsite parking is included. Have to say that the friendly and professional reception staff were great too and the room had quality furnishings and comfortable beds. We took advantage of their breakfast menu, delivered to our room and there is a laundry for guests. Great for travelers.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
RDearaugo, Manager at Best Western Cathedral Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Thank you Anne for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Cathedral Motor Inn and for lovely comments on our staff, rooms and great central location.

Reviewed May 9, 2019

First Motel we visited on our school holidays, stayed 2 nights.
Very clean rooms when compared to some other motels we experienced during the holidays.
Beds were clean & comfortable, staff were helpful.
No pool but otherwise great place to stay on you way through.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you Alan for stay with us recently and for your comments on our rooms.

Reviewed May 9, 2019

We stayed in a standard Queen Room.

The location of this accommodation is great and close to the centre of town. The room was reasonably large and had a decent tv with multiple channels. The temperature of the shower was really warm and lovely but the water pressure wasn't too great. The heating in the room worked well to keep us warm, as it also got cold at night. Although, overall it was overpriced for what it is - a motel in a country town.

The service was also rather poor. They were not at all accommodating for the possibility of a early or late check in. I was coming to Bendigo for a family event with my partner and we were restricted to only check in within the times they provided (2pm-9pm) - even though when I booked on booking.com it said they were open to requests! This was incredibly frustrating!

I also received a rude voicemail from the motel asking me to ring them back and explain how I proposed to check in within their time frame, or to book and pay for the night before to receive an earlier check in.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Cathedral Motor inn on a extremely busy weekend in Bendigo.
I do apologise if you found our procedures frustrating on this particular occasion but with Bendigo fully booked out due to a festival we were a lot stricter than normal.

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I spent one night here on my travels. The service provided by the staff was great. I arrived early and the lady behind the front desk checked to see if my room was ready. I didn't have to wait long before my room was ready which was great. Then later in the day I put my breakfast order, the lady behind the front desk offered to deliver it that night which meant I could make toast anytime I liked. The room was clean, the towels are a bit old and could be up graded, the bed linen was spotless but the pillow cases were a bit yellow with constant washing. The room itself has been up graded but could do with some bright art on the walls to brighten the walls up. I was happy to stay in this Dulux room.

The let down of my stay was the fact that these guys staying were allowed to stand in the carpark and drink. Then they move to the walkway outside the room next door to me which I could hear them talking until around midnight which meant I was kept away until they decided to go to their own room.

Overall, it was a good stay with a good price.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Cathedral Motor Inn and for your comments.

Reviewed May 5, 2019

We stayed at the Best Western Cathedral Motor Inn for two nights last weekend and we were pleasantly surprised! It was so clean, quite modern, quiet and there was plenty of space for the three of us. It looks better than the photos! The highlights for us were the two incredibly lovely ladies that served us (one even gave us three bottles of water for our drive home to Adelaide) and the warm home cooked breakfast delivered to our door one morning! Excellent value and will definitely be looking at coming back.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on a extremely busy weekend and for taking the time to review your stay.