Bendigo Lakeview Motor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewspool areaacross the roadtrains runninglake weeroonalarge tvtrain linescenic walknice poolbasic facilitiesdoor openingsat nightwalking trackinternal courtyardreception staff were very friendlywonderful staystay there againcentral courtyard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I have the more basic room to the previous review - No dvd player, no bath, no microwave. There are no rooms which actually look over the lake, and the rooms at the back, back onto the train track.

I was on a business trip but took my 3 month old baby. They offered a portocot for $10 per night. Personally I think that's a rip-off in a country town.

There were large gaps in the doors (on both sides of the room) hence we were freezing. Yes there is a heater but it blows heat directly onto the main bed.

The continental breakfast was poor - No hot items except toast.

For $140 per night I expect better facilities. I also think 'resort' is cutting it fine.

The staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Severus246
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Like a lot of motels that have been renovated, the Lakeview motel or motor inn is now called a resort. I guess they are trying to move away from the seedier reputation and lower prices that some Motels have. This 'resort' has a small kidney shaped swimming pool in the centre of a courtyard that all the rooms face into. It was too cold and dirty to use for my stay, but I guess in the hot summer it would be a very welcome facility for guests to use.

The resort/motel is in a good location opposite a really nice lake; called Lake Weeroona. Although the room I had didn't have a view of the lake. I'm not sure if any of them have actually, as all the rooms face into a central courtyard! You can drive your car & park right outside your room - just like a motel. Although saying that, the hatch for your breakfast tray has been plastered over and there's no bare masonary wall like most Aussie motels.

The resort/motel is opposite the tourist tram line that takes you into the centre of Bendigo that is about a 15-20 minute walk away. Bendigo is a fine place with lots of lovely buildings from the gold rush days. I guess that the place was once awash with money.

The resort has a good restaurant with an excellent menu. Something that most motels don't have of course. Dinner is great, but breakfast was a bit basic. There are plenty of other restaurants & cafes etc., in the centre of Bendigo to choose from too.

The room was spotlessly clean and in good condition. It also had a dvd player and a microwave oven; but no bath, just a shower. Probably a good thing seeing as Bendigo is currently suffering from severe water restrictions and shortages. There's a bucket in the bathroom that you're asked to save shower water into.

The room I had has dual heating and air conditioning and a heavy bedspread and blanket. As the resort/motel is on a main road I did hear a few trucks going past during the night. If I stayed again, I would ask for a room further away from the road.

Overall a nice place for a night or 2 that is a notch above most motels. Friendly & professional receptionist. However, I personally wouldn't call it a 'resort'.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business