“Delightful! ”

Bendigo Lakeview Motor Inn
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Bendigo
“Delightful! ”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

After reading previous reviews we were somewhat apprehensive about our stay at lakeview but were pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff and all round great service ! The food in the restaurant was delicious, staff attentive and accommodating at all times ! Would definitely stay again ...a great weekend by all!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Livvy_W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Wonderful location across the road from the lake, after a long drive and visiting customers all day it was great to be able to throw the runners go for a scenic walk. I also ordered room service and the steak was sensational and the meal was HOT.

Room Tip: I stayed in the spa room as just about all of Bendigo was booked out and they accommodated me. Norma...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kerryblew
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I spent one night at another motel in Bendigo before changing to the Lakeview. What a difference! The rooms were better and the staff exceptional. Each and every one went out of his/her way to ensure we were properly cared for. We were there during Easter and even though the restaurant was closed on Good Friday and only one staff member available, she personally made sandwiches to take to our room. This is typical of all the people there

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have just arrived home from yet another amazing stay at bendigo lakeview resort and quills restaurant. This is now my 4 th or 5th time staying here both for business and pleasure and find my experience every time a delightful one. The management here are always and friendly and easy to have a laugh with my stay is always a pleasant one and I appreciate the friendly atmosphere when I'm here. The restaurant and bar staff do an absolutely amazing job waiting on you at dinner time or if you just want a drink at the bar. I am loving the great new menu they have put together. A must check in when you visit bendigo, you won't want to leave, I never do.

Bendigo
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Frequent users of this Resort we travel a lot to Bendigo for the tennis. This was our first visit since New Management has taken over and My only critisism was to arrive, check in and hear bouncing Basket Balls at 100 beats per min by several players!! I am glad that all 30 tennis players weren't there permitted to hit balls around the pool area. Unfortunately we were unable to use the spa immediately due to these people trashing it without obvious parental control of their children however Management soon repaired and replaced the water ASAP so it was acceptable for guests with manners and etiquette.
Management were very apologetic about the situation and did everything in their control to rectify this issue.
Rooms have been refurbished, restaurant excellent and take no notice of reviews from people that cannot control their own children!! I will encourage all tennis players to continue supporting The Lakeview, Nigel and Kate!!

Dromana, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Our family stayed at the Lakeview whilst participating in a basketball tournament. Unfortunately our stay was soured by management particularly the male who in my opinion has limited people skills. We had read the previous reviews of the Lakeview and have to admit to feeling some trepidation before we even arrived. Nights one and two passed by without incident but on night three the male manager went over the top - carrying on in an aggressive and threatening manner ( this being due to children in the spa - apparently too many at once!) if this were the case it's very easy to speak to the respective parents as all the children in the spa were not ours and the situation remedied. But it appears that the way to deal with things is to become aggressive first and foremost. Such a shame really ... It could have been a lovely weekend away instead this 'incident' is what I'll remember Bendigo for!

2 Thank Dewie11
Dromana, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2014

From the initial contact with the new owners of this motel (I would hardly call it a resort), things started going downhill. We had made bookings 6 months earlier for approx. 10 families who were in town for a 3 day basketball tournament, once the new current owners took over we were advised that the original rate we were quoted would be going up anywhere between $10- $30 per night per room and a minimum stay of 3 nights instead of the original 2 nights that we had arranged with the previous owners. As it was only approx. 2 months out from the tournament we weren’t able to find alternative accommodation for our group, the management was very quick to point that out and they were just as quick to advise that they were within their rights to increase the rate from what the previous owners had quoted even when it was a booking they had ‘inherited’ So much for goodwill!
We certainly were a large group 10 families and I think the final head count was 35 people with kids ages ranging from 2 – 16yrs, I felt for the people in the small dining room when we arrived for breakfast, (obviously all together as we had matches to get to) it would have seemed like an invasion! And as far as the setup around the pool/spa/bbq area is concerned, this is in the middle of the complex with all the rooms bordering it so therefore all rooms have this ‘social’ area just a few metres outside their front doors, with the pool open until 10pm, the exceptionally warm weather and a group of 35 people there is going to be some noise.
If it was me staying there at the same time as a large group such as ours, especially with so many children, I would like to have been advised by the management as a courtesy and then it would be up to me to either ask some more questions about layout and soundproofing etc and make the decision as to whether I was prepared to take the risk of a potentially less than peaceful break or find elsewhere to stay. If I saw a group of 35 people in and around the backyard sized pool area I would not want to go in. I wonder if management made the other guests aware of our large group in advance? That being said I think all our children, all things considered were very well behaved. Anyone who has been away with even just 2 families with children will know that they can get very excited and yes even noisy at times when all together, despite constant reminders to shhh!
I could go on and on about how the male manager berated our children, swore in front of our children, his arrogant comments, his aggressive and rude confrontation with some adults in our group but suffice to say that he is in the wrong industry and there was nothing hospitable about him at all.
There were a couple of young staff who were very pleasant and friendly, after 20+ years in the hospitality industry, my advice to them is to move on to an establishment that has some idea of hospitality should they wish to pursue a career in this field as there are so many positive things to be learnt from some very talented and generous people and many wonderful experiences ahead of them. Unfortunately they will miss out on all this if they stay at this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family