“All good”

Bendigo Lakeview Motor Inn
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Bendigo
“All good”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

One night stay for work. Room was in good condition, well appointed, and clean. Check in and out was well handled. Room was next to the pool amd the pool area looked very pleasant. All up it was very good.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very CLEAN and tidy,The Family room was great with a separate room for the kids, a Shower over a full size bath tub, a microwave for heating easy kids meals or bottles and a decent size mini fridge. The owners were very friendly and helpful...so helpful they go out of their way for you. The complimentary Breakfast was another wonderful bonus. I really can not stress how clean this motel was....super clean ! well maintained gardens, pool, spa and BBQ area.
Motel is in a fantastic location also.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank moo072
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night this week. Very tired and ended an early night.

Although the layout of the rooms around a central pool and leisure area looks great, one concern for me was a parent who came outside to make an extended phone call. It wasn't his fault but I could hear every word, and it kept me awake.

As did a train on the line which was only a few metres from the rear of the property - it appears rarely used though as there was only one train the whole night, I think! There is an internal door in the unit to cut down noise: I didn't realise til the morning...;-(

Free breakfast was very nice, and staff really good.

These are minor complaints though, and easily worked around.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Archie700
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here as a couple with two young kids. In response to previous reviews, I would say the owners have had to deal with a few too many difficult customers and now expect trouble. We didn't have any issues, but I got the feeling it wouldn't take much to set them off.
The room was a little dated but clean and suited our needs. The pool is heated and the grounds are well maintained. There is a microwave in the room, but no plates or cutlery. If I was staying again I would want to bring my own pillow!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Having read the negative reviews of this Motel I felt compelled to add my opinion to this forum. The managers bent over backwards to make our stay happy and comfortable and this included dealing with the noisy, partying in the room next door. They do not tolerate loud aggressive behaviour and for this they should not have to apologise. That said there was still plenty of young people enjoying a few drinks around the pool which was kept in immaculate condition.
Our room was older style but obviously had new beds and linens.
The rooms are roomy and comfortable.
This motel is in a great position opposite the Lake and in walking distance of town.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends and family. Thank you for making us and our children feel so welcome.

Room Tip: Rooms that open on to the pool area are well placed but all rooms are quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I'd been so ecstatic to get two rooms at short notice after our booked accommodation at another establishment had fallen through just days beforehand due to an internet error. Unfortunately our stay at Lakeview was spoilt by the manager from the first instant. After checking in with a female staff member and paying up front for the rooms, the male manager/owner (?) approached us as we unloaded our luggage. His introduction was, "Partying? Don't bring the party back here! If I'd known you were all young I would've turned you away immediately." Apparently, being in our 20s means we are little more than out-of-town hoodlums and yobbos. He then did a song and dance about paying a room bond and an aggressive tirade about damages, noise and just about anything else he could think of, followed.

We work as hard for our money as everybody else and had looked forward to having a break away with friends only to be treated in this disgusting manner. If the Caravan & Leisure show hadn't been on and there were other vacancies in town, we would have left immediately. In fact, that man was so very rude and intimidating that the friends I travelled with drew straws to nominate someone to ask for tongs we could use at the motel BBQ. They also went and bought paper cups so the manager couldn't complain about us dirtying the crockery - that's how paranoid he made everyone feel. I wasn't paranoid - just extremely upset. I have travelled extensively but have never been spoken to so appallingly. My companions all went out for the planned birthday celebrations that night but I was too upset to enjoy the evening and ended up staying by myself in the motel room as the break away had well and truly been marred by the manager's discriminatory attitude.

The Lakeview is probably an otherwise pleasant place in a good location but I can't find it in my conscience to give it a better rating or recommend it to anyone as staying there was a regret from the outset. Was the manager as rude to 'older' paying guests? I think not.
Word of advice to owner: I'm sorry you may have had bad experiences with younger people in the past but do yourself a favour and judge people on their individual actions and behaviour and don't tar everyone under 30 with your same nasty and ignorant brush.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
9 Thank EyrelandGirl
Adelaide Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at the Lakeview , we were with a group of approx 80 guests attending a reunion. We could not fault the room facilities and the surrounding lawns, barbecue and pool areas. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Retiree9
LakeviewResort, Manager at Bendigo Lakeview Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Retiree9,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you had a great time and we look forward to see you back at Lakeview Resort and Quills Restaurant.