“Clean comfortable accommodation”

Quest Bendigo Central
NSW Australia
“Clean comfortable accommodation”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel.

The studio room is an adequate size, clean and most importantly for me - quiet on both occasions.

Only down side - the king size bed was unfortunately two single beds together with the join very noticeable.

Kitchenette was good, and nice to have a good iPod dock.

The hotel is very close to Lake Weeroona which is a lovely spot for a walk/run.

I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lisa R, Front Office Manager at Quest Bendigo Central, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
My Name is Nino Renato, and I am the Front Office Manager at Quest Bendigo Central. I am writing to thank you for your comments and feedback, they are greatly appreciated.
At Quest Bendigo Central we pride ourselves on our accommodation, facilities and services. We do have mattress toppers that can be requested from reception to provide for a more comfortable nights sleep.
I welcome you to contact me to discuss your comments further, should you wish to do so by contacting me on 03 5410 1300.

Nino Renato – Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
sydney
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Located halfway between town and the lake weroona this is a newish property with Eco credentials like rainwater tanks- there's a servo with basic needs next door and a twenty minute walk into the lovely cbd: I upgraded to a one bedroom and it was a wise investment . A beautiful apartment with balcony overlooking bendigo creek, which flooded spectacularly during my stay! Galley kitchen , laundry and the usual mod cons like a large flat screen and iPod compatible sound system.
I stayed a week and found my lodgings a comfort and haven to return to after work:
It's not the prettiest property with the buildings contoured around the vast inner car park and a tokenistic "pool" but nevertheless it's a classy place and even the studio rooms are a cut above. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank archangelosSydney
At Quest Bendigo Central we pride ourselves on our accommodation, facilities and services and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Nino Renato – Front Office Manager
Melbourne
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The 2 bedroom apartment had lovely comfortable king beds and 2 well equipped clean bathrooms. Had lots of different chargers for mobile phones. The only down side was there was no lift to the second floor, if stairs are a problem, and 2 of the 3 swipe cards did not work which could have been a problem if reception is closed.

Room Tip: Ask for a down stairs room if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa R, Manager at Quest Bendigo Central, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
My Name is Lisa Renato, and I am the Property Manager at Quest Bendigo Central.

At Quest Bendigo Central we pride ourselves on our accommodation, facilities and service, and welcome all feedback as an oppotunity to improve what we do.

I can assure you that the key swipe card issue has now been rectified, unfortunetly it took us some time to get atechnican out to our premises, I apologise for any inconveinance this caused.

I agree that a lift would be a great tool on our property, however we do not have on.e What we do have is a friendly and helpful team we are more than happy to assist relocating guests upon arrival (where possible) should a ground floor room be more suited or assist in carrying luggage or belongings up stairs for our guests, so on your next stay I encourage you to ask we are more than happy to help, however was disappointed this impacted on your experience with us.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here late November 2012 based on some very positive reviews and that we had previously stayed in Quest apartments around Australia. Unfortunately our Bendigo experience was such that we would not return to this accommodation. The room was small and dark, the walls paper thin so that you could hear the people next door. These apartments must accommodate some workers as the complex became very noisy from about 6pm. Parking can be a problem as there aren't enough spaces to accommodate the number of guests. The room and bathroom were very clean and there was no problem with the facilities. One advantage is that it's located a short walk from the local Lakeview Hotel which provides good country pub meals at very reasonable prices and good service. However, at over A$165, we would not recommend Quest Bendigo Central to our friends.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a one-bedroom apartment
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
My Name is Lisa Renato, and I am the Property Manager at Quest Bendigo Central.

I was very disappointed to see you had a poor experience with us recently. I am aware of previous comments by some guests over the size of our studio rooms, as they are a smaller motel-style rooms, however my team and I are constantly talking about how we can improve what we have and your comments have lead to further discussions and hopfully some actions that will avoid this type of experience again.

I agree there is a car parking issue and we are working with the loacl council on long term solutions to this issue, however as yet have not found a suitable one, hence why we advertise we have limited on site parking. If you have any further ideas on how to rectify this issue, I would greatly appreciate hearing them.

I am pleased you enjoyed the Lakeveiw Hotel, I eat there often myself anf have not had a poor experience yet.
I welcome you to disuss this further, should you wish to do so by contacting me on 03 5410 1300.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very lovely looking modern apartments. Very pleasant gentlemen at reception. When we first arrived our entry card to our room didn't work - we tried 6 times. Every time we wanted to get back into our room same problem. very very annoying. We even had to go down to reception to get help. Other people were having same problem, so this issue needs to be fixed. Shower should be stand alone away from bath, or certainly to have a rail over the bath for older patrons. Reception didn't open until 8am so no one there to ask how we got security gates open. There was no place to put your room cards when leaving. This information should be told to you or given hardcopy on arrival. Room was lovely. Very clean, tidy. Bed certainly very comfortable. Didn't know there was a fitness centre!,

Room Tip: If you REALLY don't like noise as you sleep ask for a room other than 35 or the one below. It...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
My Name is Lisa Renato, and I am the Property Manager at Quest Bendigo Central.

I can assure you the swipe key issue has been rectified, unfortunetly we had a window of a week where a technican was unable to get to our area but this has now be fixed, I apologise for any inconveinance this caused.

I was also disappointed to hear you were not given our standard check in, which includes tealling all guests about the gate open and close times, nor were you presented with our welcome letter which talks about our reception hours and check out procedures, I have followed this up with our front office team to ensure it does not happen again.

Should you wish to discus this further please feel free to call me on 03 5410 1300.

Thank You & Warm Regards, Lisa Renato - Property Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed at Quest Central on a recent trip to Bendigo. Overall, it was a very pleasant and positive experience.
First up- the appartments are very new, spacious and well maintained. We stayed in a one bedroom that had a good sized lounge and kitchen area, good sized bedroom and bathroom with a bath. A very good size for a couple on their own or with a kid. They have all cooking facilites you could need too.
Service- the man who checked us in was very friendly and personable, probabaly one of the best check ins I have had at a hotel, he genuinely seemed like he cared and really loved his job! Wish I took note of his name.
Location- not bad at all, about a 10 minute walk to town, tough if you are in high heels thou :-) I think not being right in the centre of town is a benefit too as it seems like it could get noisy at night. I didn't hear a thing whilst staying here!
Value for money- We got a good deal on Wotif for 2 nights and it looks like it's one of the best accomodation choices in Bendigo.
The only issue I had was parking. Big groups are coming with more then one car which means those that come in the one car may miss out on a car park upon returning from their day out. Perhaps the car parks need to be clearly assigned to the ammount of hotels and appartments? Surely a one bedder should only have one car space, even if people are cramming in extra's?
All in all- I was very pleased and would highly recommend Quest Central!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa R, Manager at Quest Bendigo Central, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
My Name is Lisa Renato, and I am the Property Manager at Quest Bendigo Central. I am writing the thank you for your comments and feedback, they are greatly appreciated.
I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recnt stay with us, and that all of our facilities met your needs. I appreciate you making suggestions regarding the car paraking as we are doing our best to make this situation better for our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Bendigo Central soon.

Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The apartments appeared to be full the evening I stayed and understandably so, it's in a great location and while I stayed overnight for work, I wish i'd had longer as it was a lovely place, comfortable bed, great amenities. Staff were wonderful and very accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lisa R, Manager at Quest Bendigo Central, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I am pleased to hear our committment to faciliites and service have contributed to an enjoyable stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Bendigo Central soon.