“Excellent serviced apartment!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Quest Bendigo Central
Australia
“Excellent serviced apartment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in a 2 bed apartment. Clean, comfortable and convenient sum this place up beautifully! The staff were very helpful and friendly. Lovely location just down the road to Lake Weeroona and a 20 minute stroll to the city centre, past lovely old homes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lisa R, Manager at Quest Bendigo Central, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
My Name is Lisa Renato, and I am the Property Manager at Quest Bendigo Central. I am writing the thank you for your comments and feedback, they are greatly appreciated.
At Quest Bendigo Central we pride ourselves on our accommodation, facilities and service, and welcome all feedback as an oppotunity to improve what we do.
I welcome you to contact me to discuss your comments further, should you wish to do so by contacting me on 03 5410 1300.

Lisa Renato - Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here about 10 months ago, it was a great stay then and a great stay this time around. Property is still in brand new condition. Staff are real and friendly, not fake and over the top. A close walk to Lake Weeroona and 1 or 2 minutes in the car to the centre of Bendigo. Beds were comfy and provided a great sleep. I couldn't hear any outside noise or noise from other rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Melbourne, Vic. Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

They surely do pack a lot of accommodation into these premises. The accommodation is consistent with what Quest usually has to offer as an accommodation chain. The rooms are certainly not cramped, they are well appointed and clean. This property has the asset of ample undercover parking, such a bonus for the colder months, when an early morning departure might be required. No cleaning of windscreens before departure.

On this occasion, our needs were well met and we were most pleasantly and competently received by the reception staff. There were many people arriving all at the same time but the check in process was handled as expeditiously as possible.

If I had any complaint at all, it would be that the quality of the bed linen was a little bit scratchy.

The beds and the pillows were firm. The tv, sound system, airconditioning/heating all worked well. There is a small kitchenette within the room. The bathroom was more than adequate, however, in relation to amenities, there was no shower cap and only soap, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. A shower cap and body lotion would be a preference of choice and would have enhanced our short stay.

There was a pool area, and a barbecue, this seemed to me to be extremely small. If there were any cafe or other eating facilities, I did not find them. It tended to be a rather labyrinthine task to find some room numbers.

There are many good places to stay in Bendigo. This is another one of them. It is not outstanding but it is very good. It does tend to be more expensive that some other properties in the area though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed in Jan 2012 and this property had only been open for a few weeks. The room was spotless and everything worked perfectly. It was 40 degrees outside and the air con was quick to cool things down. Short walk into the city. Plenty of undercover parking. Staff (Lisa) were friendly and helpful. Bed was large and comfy. Appt was roomy with decent tv and other appliances including full kitchen and laundry (we had a 2 bedroom which was a 1 bedroom with open internal door into a studio room - perfect).

Room Tip: Back of Hotel is Quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We booked a nights stay via their website as we were heading home from the snow but needed a rest! We arrived mid afternoon, 5 minutes in reception, and headed up to the room for a rest. As we had been sitting in the car for most the day decided we would walk into town for dinner. A good 20 minute walk and we had a choice of restaurants. Appreciated the walk home after dinner also.
The bed was amazingly comfortable and large enough (king) to spread out on. For a studio it was a very spacious room and although facing the main road there was no traffic noise. Excellent design, spotless, uncluttered, stress free. Still feels New. Checkout was the easiest part of all - left the keys in the room, closed the door and drove off.

Room Tip: The studio was on the top floor but as we had little luggage not a problem to get up the stairs. Car...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed recently in two bedroom apartment. These apartments are fairly new and are therefore in very good shape. Each bedroom and the living area had individual air conditioning.

The kitchen is reasonably comprehensive with full size fridge, oven and hot plates. Plenty of room, beds were comfortable, undercover parking, very good washing machine and outstanding dryer in the main bathroom.

The only two relatively minor issues, firstly we were in a front apartment and the complex is on a main road. If you are sensitive to noise I would seek an apartment back in the complex. The only other thing was the range hood was low quality and couldn't extract quick enough to prevent the fire alarm going off when cooking rice. The front desk said when cooking best to keep the balcony door open. Not that practical on a cold day.

Would definitively stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: You don't like noise get to the back of the complex.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had a one bedroom apartment - Beautiful clean spacious rooms. Modern decor including lounge area, dining table, dishwasher, washer and dryer. Great stay and great location!
Only down side is there doesn't seem to be enough car parks - we had to park on the street.

Room Tip: There didn't appear to be a lift - so if travelling with heavy luggage or elderly people request...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple