“Great location and venue, very cosy open fire.”
Review of Wine Bank on View

Wine Bank on View
Ranked #8 of 240 Restaurants in Bendigo
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Wine Bank on View is a wine bar & wine merchant, operating from a heritage listed bank building in Central Bendigo. The Victorian era building was constructed in 1876, and was once the home of the Union Bank and the Bank of Australasia & New Zealand (ANZ). Our bottle shop is open seven days of the week, offering a huge range of local, domestic & international wine, and boutique beers. We are more than just a wine bar & wine merchant. By day, our award winning coffee & continuous menu are enjoyed, along with wines by the glass & homemade cakes. By night, Wine Bank becomes a thriving social hub, to relax and enjoy a glass of wine with friends, & a range of dining options. Our drink-in prices are the best you will find anywhere. Our wines are consistently cheaper than any other merchant! Our philosophy is to provide customers with exceptional customer service, providing value with our range of wines and fantastic food. Celebrate Bendigo's Heritage past with beautiful local wines...
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Hd dinner here last Friday night and the food was good but basic. The drinks are what I like this place for and I like to pick something different to try each time.
There was a horrible smell coming from somewhere that people around us were commenting on as well but the staff did a good job of pretending there wasn't one which was funny. This must have been unusual as if it was always there no one would go. I certainly hadn't noticed it before.
I would recommend this place for drinks and the food is pretty good if you can't be bothered moving on for dinner.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visited a friend in Bendigo, my first time there, and we went here for dinner and drinks. First impressions- lovely setting in a great old building and wine everywhere. Probably one of the most extensive wine lists I have seen. Had some appetisers and got a bottle of Hentley Farm Beatuy Shiraz (try it, it's amazing). Our main meals were great- the steak was perfect, the gnocchi was just right.

I can't comment on the waiter's knowledge of the wine list as I know enough to pick what I want, but the staff were friendly and attentive. Couldn't ask for a lot more for a random midweek dinner.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The Wine Bank on View is an elegant, historic building with a wine list that reads like a JR Tolkein novel... it keeps going and is fascinating all at once! They boast over 1000 wines on their menu! The only problem is, the waiter - who admittedly was friendly and attentive - had no clue about wines! I asked his advice because it is nice to try wines from different regions when you're travelling but he admitted he knew little about wine - which I found disappointing. That said, the food was good and the ambience very cosy, particularly with the log fire burning. All the staff were friendly and attentive. All in all an enjoyable meal.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived on a very busy night without a reservation and the place was really humming. This looked good and the vibes were great. It had been recommended to us a number of times so we wandered along on a busy Saturday night not expecting a yes but the waiter said " I will check", and eventually personally sat us at a table upstairs, returning a while later to take our orders. I then browsing the wine vault and selected our desired liquid and was then told by staff that our table was reserved and, " Would we like to eat on the sofa?". Our answer "NO". Service answer, "Sorry!". This place looked so good, the wines looked so good. Service was an absolute FAILURE.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great atmosphere, breakfast delicious and fast service. Newspapers, juice, open fire all made for a great start to the day.