All reviews honeysuckle cottage bedroom apartment free wifi was great double garage an extensive menu the hotel staff cable tv self contained good size excellent location stay there again city centre friendly service home away from home short stay bistro nash
Selected filters
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

I was in room 12 ,upstairs . The room was clean ,it had new carpets ,the bathroom had a renovation , bed comfortable but the however pillows were dreadful so you might want bring your own if pillows are important to you.there was a small balcony outside out room which was adequate to sit out on ,it overlooked the pool. The furniture however was tatty , the chair covering was coming unravelled .one thing you do need to check is the please clean my room alert which is on the door and is a slide across arrangement , ours was on the do not disturb which we did not realise so our room did not get made up and cleaning staff had gone when we came back and realised . This brings me to the biggest issue PARKING dreadful tight parking and access out poor you had to back around and out , once parked I did not want to get the car out again as I did not want to have to park again.this did impact my stay and it’s some thing management needs to address.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 550Maxine
Reviewed October 27, 2017

I stayed here for a work conference which was held in house. The service from the staff was exceptional with great food options for lunch and dinner. I was surprised at how busy the restaurant was mid week, however could soon see why as the dinner meal range and quality was exceptional. The rooms were comfortable, clean and quiet, all in all a good experience.

Room tip: If you can't do stairs, ask for ground floor room.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank O299RNdeniseh
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

I ate at the National whilst in Bendigo with friends. We were there on both a Friday and Saturday night (it was convenient to where we staying). It has a fairly typical bistro feel and was really busy both nights. There was a bit of wait to put our orders in, but our meals were delivered quite quickly. There were plenty of food choices, with menu items to suit vegetarians and gluten free as well. Our meals were great and certainly presented better that your average pub grub. I've eaten here before and I'll definitely be back.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We were fortunate to stay at National and take advantage of a fantastic deal that this Complex is currently offering.
The hospitality of Roger (motel) and Bruce (hotel) is outstanding.
We stayed in a one bedroom apartment which had all the comforts of home although a little noisy from the above guests.
Our meal at the bistro was very nice and generous servings. Staff are very friendly.
Thank you National for a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Roger B, Manager at National Hotel Complex, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you for your kind words and review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our latest Web Package. We hope to see you again soon.

Regards Roger Behrens (Motel Manager)

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

The National Hotel in Bendigo always assures a superb meal and a refreshing beverage, whether you choose to the bistro or the bar! The recently renovated bar is clean, fresh, character filled and inviting. Tables in the bar range in size for one or two people, up to a 14-16 seat (approx.) table. Both the Bistro and the Bar have a fantastic menu to choose from and the meals are always first rate! The Bistro is also a great location for small or large gatherings / functions. It's very popular, so bookings are recommended. The staff at the National are always so warm & welcoming - you'll feel more like friends, than customers, from the moment you walk in. Well worth a visit. Enjoy!

Date of stay: July 2017