All reviews lydiard street dip pool george hotel quiet room off street parking central ballarat train station free wifi comfy bed sovereign hill noise laneway flush amenities rear desk gym
Selected filters
Reviewed November 18, 2018

Nice big room on a great location, close to shops and restaurants. Room was clean but the bath looked like it could have used a good scrub. Free parking and good service. Sovereign Hill and the Gold Museum is just a short drive away.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is located in the heart of Ballarat and more comfortable than any other I’ve stayed in. The room rivals the comfort of any major city in the world and has character. Restaurant facilities are off site, but only next door and this is in a fantastic old pub that caters for all tastes. Well worth the visit.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2018

There is a stack of accomodation in Ballarat - I stay once every month for work. This was the first time at the Quality Inn. I stayed in room 5 (from memory). The off-street parking is very secure and much appreciated. The location of the hotel is ideal - an easy walk from the train station if you're on foot and close to restaurants and amenities. There were a couple of problems in the room I stayed in. The most annoying was the clicking sound of the reverse-cycle air-conditioning (the unit looked pretty old). It was intermittent, but frequent enough to disturb sleep. In the end I turned it off despite the freezing temperatures outside. The other particularly strange thing was a problem with the toilet. Merely touching the vanity unit, against which the toilet sat, would elicit a flush. This was quite bizarre. Placing anything on the vanity such as a toothbrush or razor would cause a flush. The toilet must have flushed 30-odd times during my overnight stay. And above the toilet hung the little card notifying us of the hotel's wish to conserve water etc! Reasonable accommodation but needs some attention to detail for sure.

Room tip: Perhaps ask for a room that sin't the one pictured in the fourth photo herein.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

This small hotel has well equipped, large modern rooms. There is on site car parking and free WiFi. It is located in central Ballarat only a short walk from the railway station. Reception was very friendly and helpful. Can also get Qantas frequent flyer points on your stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2018

Arrived at the hotel and were lucky enough to get a parking spot just outside hotel, especially as it was raining.
Went and checked in with the receptionist. Very nice young lady friendly and courteous. She explained very clearly the parking area we were to use which was located behind the hotel. We went to our room which was at the back of the hotel. The room was very well presented but felt a little closed in so I went down to the receptionist to ask if there was another room available preferably one with bigger windows and even overlooking the main street. We usually don't request main street as sometimes can be a bit noisier, especially on a weekend. We did hear a little bit of noise, but overall room was pretty quiet. Anyway she was happy to show me another room which was alot better and brighter. We upgraded to this room and was happy to pay the difference as room was nicer. The room had a nice fireplace with working fire which made the room nice and cosy. I think the reverse cycle air conditioner was having a few problems as it kept turning itself off. We ended up not using it at all.
The room was very clean, albeit the bed was a little lumpy and I felt the pillows probably needed updating.
We went out for the day and on returning our bed had not been made. I asked the young lady in the laundry was she still to do our room and would she like us to come back later. She said our room had been done. I asked "but the bed was still unmade." I was politely told that if we pull the covers up the bed doesn't get made. I must say I have stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world and have never come across this. She kindly offered to come and make the bed but I said "it was fine, but thank you for asking." I will say the rest of the room had been done which was good.
Overall we enjoyed our stay here.

Date of stay: June 2018