“Good atmosphere, boring food”
Review of zaragosa

zaragosa
Ranked #224 of 314 Restaurants in Ballarat
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Good atmosphere, boring food”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We have been here a few times, have found the staff friendly although slow service. Expensive meals with little flavour, delicious sangaria!

“Lovely Place to Dine!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I've been here several times recently with family or friends. I love the food. I'm not vegetarian, but at Zaragosas I always have the vegetarian option as I think they do it so well. Always flavoursome and has a really nice texture. The Red Sangria is really nice too.

The building itself and the layout of the restaurant contribute to a good atmosphere too. The enclosed outdoor area is ideal on a warm summer evening. The service is always friendly & attentive.

This is one place I'll keep coming back to.

Visited September 2013
Ballarat, Australia
“Love the nachos but don't be in a hurry”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I love Zaragosas. I love the cocktails (or mocktails if you aren't drinking) and I love the nachos. They have some nice eating areas and there is a range of foods on the menus. The downside about the food is it often has that 'reheated' look and taste about it.

The service is always friendly, however don't be in a hurry to eat. Everytime I've been here - no matter the day - it always takes a long time to get the food. Especially in a big group! My advice, have an entree to share first!!

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have been a frequent diner at Zaragosa for over 6 years. I can honestly say that I don't agree with the majority of comments I have read on Trip Advisor of late. My meals have always been amazing and the service fantastic. By far the best Mexican I have tasted to date. Keep up the great work Bianca & Scott!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank marsoopa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Generally OK”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Food is quite dry, and staff I spoke to could not pronounce menu items properly (I speak Spanish so it annoyed me a little). Good atmosphere though and awesome Sangrias.

Visited January 2013