“Best Mexican in town”

Ballarat, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican in town”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Lovely Mexican and Spanish food.The Fajitas are as good as you can get and the Spanish Potato dish is a specialty (forgot the correct name).
The indoor courtyard area is nice and sedate but the bar area is a bit noisy for the old guys.

Visited November 2011

Ballarat, Australia
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Probably the worst customer service i have ever experienced, in front of my closest friends and family left me feeling embarrassed. Zaragosa was a place for me and my friends to go every few weeks to catch up, but after the shocking service we are definitely not returning here again! Absolutely disgusted. To add to it, candles weren't lit, we were forced to sit crowded next to others and tables weren't even wiped. On the other side the food was nice and enjoyable.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank BrentonMorvell
Harlow, United Kingdom
“What a good find - thanks to tripadvisor”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The food was really enjoyable. The Turkish delight special was fantastic

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Wow! Zaragosa ballarat is simply the best! The service was absolutely brilliant the waitresses were friendly and chatty and assisted in every way possible! The food was delicious! You couldn't go past the tapas and the variety of drinks made choosing one very very hard! Margarita!!! I read the previous comment which talks about food handling... And I can tell you most restaurants you go to don't wear gloves. Wearing a glove dosent stop germs. I thought Zaragosa was very clean and the chefs whom I did see looked very tidy and hygienic ... Zaragosa sets the standard ballarat!

1 Thank Jlc8
Mildura, Australia
“Food was good, but....”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I visited with my husband and sister when visiting Ballarat on Saturday February 18th. We were sat at a table near the bar and I have a birds eye view of the preparation area of the kitchen. I saw Chef John touching food with his hands, TWICE. The first time he scooped food from a metal mixing bowl onto a plate using his ungloved hand. If that wasn't enough he picked up some onion that was trailing out of an entree bowl and put it back into the plate, this plate was sitting underneath the warming light and this happened to be MINE. My guests did not want me to make a fuss there and then so I said that I would put it on trip advisor seeing as though this is where we got the recommendation to go.

• Visited February 2012