Comfort Inn & Suites City Views
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsdining table and deskmajor bus stopfamily roomthe ground floor roomsdouble glazingcentral locationheated poolmodern moteleach morningwalking distanceroom facilitiesgenerous sizeundercover parkinggood sized roomssovereign hillbakery hillqueen size bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed the Comfort inn in Ballarat for one night but it was very comfortable and had everything I required.
The hotel is immaculately presented, the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was spacious.
The staff were friendly and were apologetic when they forgot our juice when we ordered breakfast.
It would have been nice to use the indoor heated pool but as the cover was on (to keep the water warm apparently) it didn't look inviting.
The room was close to the stairwell so we could hear people talking as they came up and down the stairs.
The accommodation was exactly what I expected for the price. Though the city views are not much to boast about.

• Stayed: August 2013
Susan S, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites City Views, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to pos t a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms to your satisfaction , both in appearance and price. The new mattress toppers relly have added extra comfort! I am sorry the cover on our indoor pool detered you from enjoying this great facility. With the guests comfort in mind, we leave it on until the last minute throughout the chilly months of June, July and August to maintain a warm water temperature of 31 degrees. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Wow :-) we would have loved to stay here for a week !! wonderful friendly service, terrific location walking distance to lots of eateries & shopping mall. Double glaze windows ensured we could not hear any traffic noise, wonderful * quiet. Little touches like the heater already on to warm our room & towels supplied for heated pool made us never want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2013
SusanEscott, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites City Views, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hi AllsortsHappyCamper

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are centrally located in this wonderful city, convenient for guests to enjoy our shopping precinct and many restaurants/ cafes. Our wonderful team of staff are always happy to assist guests with their requirements, assuring that your stay is as enjoyable as possible.

Thanks again for the review and I hope we can accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Fantastic service, excellent rooms. Stayed here with my family and elderly parents. They cater perfectly for couples wanting style and comfort, kids needing space and a pool and elderly parents needing ease of access, warm rooms and comfortable beds. The staff were terrific and nothing was a problem. I could not fault this place and will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hi Maria F

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the wide range of amenities that we provide.

Our property can cater for all types of guests by offering our luxurious Executive king room, our Deluxe or Standard queen, perfect for any traveller and even our disabled room for guests with special needs.

Our team of friendly staff are always ready to assist our guests to make their stay as enjoyable as possible. We look forward to having your family stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We arrived late so cannot comment on the check in or friendliness of staff as I didn't talk to any of them during our 3 night stay. When we arrived the heater and lights were on which was a welcome relief from the cold. There was a microwave which is rare in a motel with no kitchen. I only have a couple of small complaints. Not really any city views from our room, just a view of the big red wall of Rays Outdoors, which cast a red glow in our room during the day. The family rooms are all on the first floor so the stairs are a pain (and quite dangerous) with small children, or in our case a wheelchair. The carpark does not seem big enough to hold all the cars if the motel is full, we needed to go out at night and found our car blocked in. Even though the rooms are made up each day and supplies replenished the bathroom was not cleaned and the floors weren't vacuumed which was disappointing. Overall a nice motel in a good location but maybe a little pricey.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle G
Susan S, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites City Views, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Hi Michelle G,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Here at the City Views we believe in a warm welcome so we popped your heater and lights on so you walked in from a cold winter evening to a warm toasty room - I am glad you found this pleasing. I am shocked you didn't come in contact with any of our staff as we had reception staff on everyday between 7am - 9pm and housekeeping staff from 9am - 1pm. Unfortunately, like most properties, not every single room harbours a view and the family room which you stayed in is one of those rooms that does not contain a City View. Our friendly staff are more than happy to assist you in carrying your luggage up the stairs so your relaxing can start even sooner. With everyone's cars getting bigger and bigger these days car parks are getting squishy, I am sorry to read that another guest was inconsiderate and parked you in, this is one of the many reasons we collect license plates on arrival so if anyone leaves their lights on etc we can contact them.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again, and thank you for taking the time to post a review. If you have any other queries please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is in fact an upgrade of a traditional double-storey motel, but without any kitchen facilities apart from a microwave and a couple of cups. The kettle needs to be filled in the bathroom sink. The bed was very comfortable, and the location is good being close enough to walk into the business area, and with a few restaurants just across the road. The city view is not an attraction. We had an end unit so it could be noisy if people used the stairs at night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan S, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites City Views, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Shazze,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to read that our bedding matched your preference which I am sure you will agree is a very personal preference. Our close proximity to the CBD is a great bonus for our guests who have local attractions, shops and cafes a stone throw away. We combat potential noise issues among guests with a strict noise policy as well as signage around the property.

I hope you choose to stay with us again.