“Good family hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites City Views
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Ballarat
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very friendly hotel.We had a standard family suite with two bedrooms, the second bedroom has three single beds. The rooms were bright and clean. Useful to have a microwave. We have stayed at a few hotels at Ballarat over the years. I think this is one of the few that has cleaning service on the Sunday. Great to see all the shampoo and bath gels are in biodegradable containers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Susan S, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites City Views, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear NashMelbourne,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Comfort Inn and Suites City Views Ballarat.

The rooms are quite bright thanks to the natural light that shines through the windows as well as the carefully selected paint color. Thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of the room. Cleanliness is our top priority.

Simple switches such as buying products that are in biodegradeable packaging are one of the many ways we minimize our carbon foot print and help our planet.

Thanks for this great review, I hope the City Views can accommodate you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I would reiterate what a few others have said that this place does not have major street appeal, it does look like an 1970's motel. However looks can be deceiving. First off the driveway is amongst a major bus stop so can be a little tricky to find and enter/exit.

The reception area was suitably pleasant and our check in both very friendly and efficient. I asked for directions to a good place to eat that night and also for Internet access (in room wifi) which was provided free of charge (a nice change from the typical rort in many hotels). The receptionist discussed breakfast options and also was happy to guide us to local places for a hot breakfast.

The rooms are a good size, with two desk areas a large flat screen TV, substantial and very comfortable bed, air conditioning and best of all, a very large and modern bathroom. Initially I had trouble connecting to the wifi and rang reception to suggest a reboot, which they did promptly and it fixed the issue.

Plenty of towels and accessories in the bathroom. The wall hairdryer was a little underpowered but not unduly so. I also used the excellent iron and ironing board. I was a little disappointed to see lots of bottles of water around the room at $5 for 500ml or two 350 ml bottles for $7. Why water has become such an expensive commodity is beyond me. I simply filled my own bottle with tap water, sat it in the ample fridge and saved myself lots of money for no discernible change in taste.

The restaurant we were recommended was perfect and not too far as the main street of Ballarat (Sturt St) is only 10 mins walk.ear plugs were supplied in the bedside cabinet which did concern me, but I did not need them, and despite some city noise at night, I would not call this a noisy location.

Check out in the morning was also very efficient, and this would be my choice of hotel in Ballarat for future trips. I paid much less than rack rate via Expedia, and the hotel was a little surprised I did not book on their own website. If you can get this for under A$150/night it’s a very good choice. It just doesn’t have the physical presence to justify top hotel rates.

Room Tip: Go for a room on level 2
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SimonBunn
Susan S, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites City Views, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear SimonBunn,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with at the City Views on Trip Advisor.

The exterior of the property can be deceiving however I feel the exterior of the property conforms nicely to the historical Bakery Hill theme.

Wireless Internet is quickly becoming a large expense to travelling customers and we pride ourselves in delivering free High Speed Wireless internet to our corporate clientel. I am happy to hear that the brief glitch with the wireless system was quickly resolved.

Personally I have also found that bottled water is becoming more expensive, I endeavour to provide guests with a reasonable price option with bottled water at the property being $5.00 for 500ML or $5.50 for 2X 350ML bottles.

I am happy to hear you had no noise disturbance during your stay, it is a rare occurance that our guests endure any noise issues with the double glazing and the night managing staffs prompt actions to quash and noise that may occur unexpectedly. I decided to be proactive and place ear plugs in the rooms complimentary for light sleepers and guests who are travelling from rural towns in order to further ensure a good nights sleep.

I am happy to hear that your encounters with the staff were all pleasant, I have hired terrific staff who come to work for more than just the pay check. Online rates are a great way to save money however in the future you are welcome to ring the property direct and we will happily match the rate plan for you.

Again, thank you so much for this great review! It is only through feedback from our guests that we can continually enhance and further improve our produce. I look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

From our first contact with the front of house I was amazed by how friendly this motel was.
The room, which was advertised as a Deluxe queen room was massive (room 11) and to our surprise also had a 2 person spa. We had a hamper and breakfast included as part of the deal, the hamper was filled with quality items and was also beyond our expectations. Bed was very comfortable and breakfast was whatever you wanted off the breakfast menu.
On checkout the manger/owner was also extremely friend and hospitable .
Thank you for a fantastic weekend we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Room 11 is a corner room and huge for motel standards
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan S, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites City Views, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Immies,

Thank you for such a glowing review! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our Gourmet Hamper Package.

The contents of the Gourmet Hamper Package are hand selected personally by myself so that there are no pointless fillers and only quality, fresh produce.

The Deluxe Queen Spa room is a spacious room and the spa is a great bonus! Thank you for noticing.

I believe I have hired the best staff in Ballarat and appreciate your kind words regarding your encounters with the team.

Thanks for the great review - I look forward to meeting your accommodation needs again in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a deluxe family room. The rooms were clean and beds very comfy although a little squashy for 5 of us with a sofa bed open. Furniture and furnishings were of a high standard. Staff were very pleasant and welcoming. Nice and quiet and within walking distance to shops and attractions. Only negative would be a very loud squeaky floor when walking around the main room. Was worried we were disturbing guests underneath. Apart from that a great place to stay, would definitely stay here again if in the area. Thanks for a lovely stay.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tasha8873,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Our Deluxe Family room is a great room to stay in during a family getaway, but once extra settees are set up it can become a tad cramped.

Our location is perfect for our travellers who want to explore our historical city.

Thank you again for your kind words, it is only through feedback from our customers that we can continually enhance and improve our products and services. I look forward to accommodating you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and it was absolutely lovely! Very quiet and peaceful, and the room was large, comfortable and clean. Location was very nice and I would have loved to stay longer if we had had more time! Would recommend :)

• Stayed: January 2013
Susan S, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites City Views, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Princessnmnn,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we pride ourselves in providing exceptionally clean rooms to our guests. Our close proximity to the CBD is definetly a great bonus for our guests who can venture out to explore our city without having to pay for parking.

Thanks again for the review, I hope we can accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed 3 days over Xmas in a King Room. Room large with table and 4 chairs, settee , great bed and a duck down doona.The room was tastefully decorated and had high quality drapes which keep the room dark.Bathroom large with walk-in shower also a spa. Microwave and toaster in room.The owners are friendly and accommadating. Short walk to Ballarat Mall. This Motel is spotless. We had a great time

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank barlow61
Susan S, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites City Views, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Barlow61,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our property on Trip Advisor. I can only continue to enhance and improve the products and services offered at the City Views with the feedback from customers so again - thank you.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, our Executive King Room is one of the best rooms on our property!

Regarding your comment on our close proximity to the CBD which is certainly a great bonus for our guests when venturing out to the shops and sight seeing in our historical city.

Thanks again for the revie and I hope we can accommodate you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Lovely room, very clean, although it was a little small considering it was a family room that potentially could sleep 5/6 people-quite squashy at times. A little basic facility wise, very basic tea/coffee making facility but a fully stocked bar fridge and snacks, a little sneaky?! Very friendly staff, and quality of furniture, bedding etc very good. It was actually the best bed we slept in on our entire holiday.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Narelle B
Susan S, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites City Views, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Narelle B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate customers taking the time to provide me with feedback on their time at the property.

Cleanliness and customer service are the two big musts at my property and I am glad to hear your needs were met on both these levels. Bedding, as I am sure you know is a very personal preference and I am glad to hear our beds suited yours to the dot!

In regards to your comment about our tea and coffee facilities I am looking into introducing some herbal infused tea into the complimentary range to suit customer needs a bit better and provide more of a variety.

Thanks for the review and I hope to be able to accommodate you and your family again in the future here at the City Views.