“Great spot for Sunday lunch”

Western Hotel Bistro
Ranked #59 of 320 Restaurants in Ballarat
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner in the heart of Ballarat
Ballarat Victoria Australia
“Great spot for Sunday lunch”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Took friends to The Western for lunch on a wet and cold day. They were from out of town so it was their first visit to the hotel and they loved it. Good friendly service, good food served quickly meant a lovely relaxed lunch. Highly recommend!

Creswick, Australia
“Just fantastic”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We are regular visitors here since the redevelopment. Great atmosphere, fun outlook on life and beautiful food. Highly recommend.

Melbourne, Australia
“Mother's Day Lunch”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Booked for four people for Mothers Day which I knew was going to be busy and it was. I had the open souvlaki which was delish and the rest of my party had the beer battered fish and chips. I must admit it was a bit noisy but very busy which was great for the Bistro. Our meals came out very fast which was a nice surprise seeing that they were so busy and staff were very nice. Only one small criticism is that being Mothers Day I just thought it was a bit impersonal and maybe a nice glass of wine for the Mothers or a flower on the table would have made it more special. Otherwise really lovely.

• Visited May 2014
Sorrento, VIC, Australia
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Mother's Day lunch, or any major celebration, puts the pressure on any restaurant, but the service here was exceptional. The menu catered for a wide range of tastes. The gourmet sausages, mash and vegetables hit the spot nicely!

• Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

As a single mum travelling with one child I was looking for a pub bistro with good food and surroundings that accommodated children without compromising on a grown up atmosphere. The Great Western was perfect. We arrived early with no reservation which was lucky as the tables began to fill quickly while we were there. The menu didn't disappoint and prices were comparable to good pub food anywhere else I've eaten. I settled on a classic - bangers and mash - and I think it was the best I've ever had. Our meals were served quickly, wait staff and bar staff were very friendly. I'd love to return one day with adult company to enjoy the atmosphere on the bar side ... thank you Great Western ... a lovely meal to end our short trip away.

• Visited April 2014