Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

6 Reviews
from $44.78
from $122.44
3,431 results
All reviews panning for gold gold pour candle making gold mine coach ride candle dipping living museum bowling alley christmas in july raspberry drops two days devonshire tea period costume musket firing gold rush red hill mine boiled lollies
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2019

It has been 30 years since we were last at Sovereign Hill and boy have they been busy. From new exhibits to fun re-enactments we really enjoyed our day.

A must see is the new AURA experience. This is run every evening and is awesome.

2  Thank Tony2170
Sovereign H, Manager at Sovereign Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Hi Tony2170,

Thank-you for your review and for re-visitng Sovereign Hill. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our new sound and light show, Aura.

Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

I haven’t been to sovereign hill in about 15 years, I found the experience to be one of the best memories that I will cherish forever.
I wasn’t sure if my children would like it, but they absolutely loved it. They were all a little disappointed when it was time to leave. You do really need a whole day if not two to explore everything that they have to offer.

1  Thank Purpldruid
Sovereign H, Manager at Sovereign Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Hi Purpldruid,

Thank-you for your review. We are so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your recent visit to Sovereign Hill.

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

The last time I was a tourist in Ballarat, my adult children were young. It is still a great tourist destination even for oldies like me. The proviso is that it is expensive to visit and the on-site food and beverage leave a lot to be desired, both in quality and price. Everything should be included but there are ads-ons, which, at about $AUD60pp for the entry, is just not right. The activities and site tours are excellent and demonstrations including Lollie making, gold pouring etc are world class. The Gold museum is a must. The guided tour is interesting and is free. The museum entry is included in the overall price, which can be used for full entry the next day. Whilst in Ballarat, a visit to the Art Gallery is worthwhile, as is the Eureka Stockade. All in all, a very good destination full of Young Australia’s culture and history.

1  Thank Discover808883
Sovereign H, Manager at Sovereign Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Hi Discover808883,

Thank-you for your review on Sovereign Hill and the Gold Museum. We truly appreciate all feedback we receive, including those on pricing, and take these into consideration with our forward planning.

Reviewed February 11, 2019

Really enjoyed sovereign hill. It has so much detail, right down to the staff actors whom roam the streets who suddenly burst out into impromptu performances which were very entertaining. Also well organised. It was very busy due to Chinese New Year, but we never felt crowded. I felt the cafe we ate lunch at left the attraction down. If you can, I recommend to bring in your own food. Plus you will save a small fortune as well.

1  Thank Vegas_loving

Hi Vegas_loving,

Thank-you for your review and for visiting Sovereign Hill recently. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit during Chinese New Year.

Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

Having visit the UKs north of England’s Beamish many times was expecting to maybe a little disappointed as Beamish (a living, working museum set in 500 acres of beautiful Durham with costumed folk bringing life to the rebuilt town). This expectation was soon expelled within minutes of walking in the entrance.
This place is an absolute credit to the staff and volunteers.
Spent two days here and and just managed to see most of the site, demonstrations and tours. Most impressive were the mining tours of which there are 4 , one free and three costing $7.50 (excellent value) , managed to do 3 of theses and all impressive. The work that’s gone into the wooded lining of the levels impressive and extensive. The cast (as they would known in Disney world lol) were informative, helpful, friendly, entertaining, proactive and as at Beamish brought the place to life. Do try the pie shop (bakery) as the steak pies are out of this world , had two while here! Had gread fun panning for gold, but didn’t initially find any bits. On visiting the nearby store i mentioned this to one of the staff who asured me that poeple find some everyday and said that if he didn’t have to man the shop he would show me and the grankids how to pan properly . All talk so I thought but then his colleague turned up and he immediately took us down to the stream and demonstrated the correct way to pan. He soon produced two specks of gold! I then had a go and found a large spec - over the moon!
I could go on and on but I think you will have got my drift by now.
NOT TO BE MISSED IF VISITING MELBURNE !!!!!

3  Thank Y3363HArichardw
Sovereign H, Manager at Sovereign Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2019

Hi Y3363HArichardw,

Thank-you so much for your review and for visiting Sovereign Hill recently. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and that you enjoyed so many of the activities we have on offer.