We stayed here for a Saturday night in March 2013.
The hotel is walking distance to the city center and there are quite a few good places to grab a meal or something to drink nearby. Parking however, is difficult. There are some free carparks close by but as far as out in the street goes, you cant really park there during the day, it's all 2 hr parking and its metered 9am-5pm.
We stayed in a room on the bottom floor, this is where you can see in the photos with the glass roof. The rooms were big with a king bed, couch, table, chair, tv, bedside tables and cubboards. The bathroom was also pretty big, with a shower/bath combo. It was all kept clean and tidy.
Im guessing the building is very old because the floorboards creak loudly even when you are being careful, and you can hear when the room next door is moving about too.
The restaurant at the back of the hotel says on the sign that it opens for weekend lunch, but it was closed, which was a bit annoying.
All in all, this was a comfortable stay and we would probably stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ansonia on Lydiard ia a B&B style Hotel set in a heritage building in the heart of Ballarat. A unique & tranquil setting suited to couples friends & corporate travellers. This property isn't suited to children under 8 yrs walking distance to restaurants,gallery's,shops,theatre/cinema perfect central location Guest lounge,open fire,sunny Atrium.Central to all tourist attractions in Ballarat ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ansonia on Lydiard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ansonia On Lydiard Ballarat
- The Ansonia On Lydiard Ballarat, Victoria