“Fantastic !!”
Review of Bell Tower Inn

Bell Tower Inn
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Ballarat
Reviewed March 11, 2010

We have very much enjoyed our 2 day stay here at the Bell Tower.
Staff excellent, friendly and willing to make your stay enjoyable and welcome.
Restaurant food and service staff outstanding - could not fault.
Overall best Motel we've stayed in for some time.
Highly recommend

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisnRayAdelaide
There are newer reviews for Bell Tower Inn

Reviewed March 5, 2010

Bell Tower looks like a typical 70's Motel with arches over windows and doors in abundance, but what a surprise, its clean and every thing works, the bathroom with separate shower was dated but bright and clean, we enjoyed a quiet nights sleep even though it was busy, the continental breakfast was excellent with a great choice incl. fresh fruit and yoghurt & plenty of cereals, the service was first class everything well organised. The staff were very welcoming. I had the heated pool and spa all to myself, and the equipement & LCD TV in the gym worked perfectly The Bell Tower is situated about 7 km from Ballarat CBD, there is a new Bistro at the Ballarat Golf Course just over the road with pokies.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2010

We stayed here about 3 years ago and it was ghastly.

After reading reviews on here, we thought we'd givie it another shot and the place has really picked up and improved.

The rooms are so classy. The furnishings have all changed and they are very nice. We stayed in a spa room. They also had Wi Fi. Not sure how much it was but, I know there was a charge.

The swimming pool was cold and the spa wasn't working and the bottom rail on the ladder had come off so, my eldest had to get me a plastic chair to put in the pool so that I could get out. The steam room is now free and they also have a gym - not sure what it's like as I didn't get the chance to check it out.

We ordered some wedges through room service. They were fresh and nice. We didn't go to the Restaurant however, I have heard that has improved also.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2009

The new managers have really made this place come alive, the service is top of its class and front of desk staff are warm, friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I usually don't eat at hotel restaurants but I absolutely recommend this as the food is amazing, fresh and huge servings.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I had read the review from feb 2007 whilst looking for a place to stay and felt I had to try this hotel for myself. For us it was exactly the opposite with all staff, management, rooms, food and pool. upon arrival and during our stay the reception staff could not do enough for us in getting the royal auto club for help,directing us to places for us to visit. The Manager had been told of our predicament without a car and offered his so we could continue our sight seeing around ballarat, which I believe is far and beyond his call of duty.Our stay at this hotel was excellent and all staff and amenities were great and a special thanks to the Hosts Rob and Lyn for helping us have a most memourable stay in Ballart keep it up, great work

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 23, 2008

The Bell Tower Inn is a larger motel geared for conferences.

My accommodation was adequate, but the focus really was on meeting the others in my group.

Accommodation cost A$100; the 'day delegate' rate was A$49.50 which I felt was steep; the 'half day delegate' rate was A$30; breakfast was A$14 and dinner A$38.50, so it added up to A$232 - not cheap.

However places like this rely on those who are not paying directly for their own costs, as in conference delegates, so that explains the pricing structure.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Victorianlad
Reviewed February 13, 2007

the bell tower claims that it is a 4 star motel, let me tell you it could not be further from the truth. lets start with the rooms, not very clean but if you want to take a trip back in time to the late 70,s this motel is for you. the front desk staff are pleasent if a little strange and not very helpful, indoor pool was ok but not exactly warm, and the manager of the motel was one of the rudest men i have come across, i say that because myself and my family who in total had booked 9 or so rooms had the cheek to tell us to get back in our rooms when we were standing outside having a ciggarette as our rooms were non smoking after giving us, that is all adults in our 40,s and 50,s a lecture on how the other guests are more important than us, and believe me we were not loud or making trouble. obviosly a man with many issues .that said the breakfast was very nice, but that was the only high point. but unless you like 1 star motels and rude staff, think twice.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family