“Family Dinner”

Seymours on Lydiard Ballarat
Ranked #33 of 327 Restaurants in Ballarat
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bar, restaurant, hotel, cafe and 4 star motel accommodation, centrally located in Ballarat.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We enjoyed our New Years Eve dinner at Seymours. The staff are attentive and pleasant. The food was delicious. Thank you.

SeymoursLydiard, Manager at Seymours on Lydiard Ballarat, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear FionaEmery
We appreciate you taking the time to post your lovely feedback. Thank you. Delighted you enjoyed your New Years Eve dinner in our Restaurant and also for the 'shout' out regarding the staff. They really are the best.
Happy New Year and hope to see you soon

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Dropped in here at the last minute on the way home after a Saturday spent renovating, we were all grimy and tired, so were a bit concerned about popping in for a drink and a bite. What a lovely surprise - we were warmly welcomed the second we walked in the door, taken to a table and drinks were along within a couple of minutes. I had the Eye Fillet from the regular menu and my husband had the Porterhouse from the days special. Both meals were superbly cooked to our exact specs, substantial portions and nicely presented. Service was fabulous, we were asked if our meals were ok, drinks were never allowed to disappear completely. Prices were very good - competitive with Melbourne prices but much better serving sizes. Highly recommend this restaurant. We will definitely revisit!

SeymoursLydiard, Manager at Seymours on Lydiard Ballarat, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear EA59
Thank you for your glowing review. Our TripAdvisor readers will be thrilled to read what you had to say as we were. Our staff certainly knows how to make a guest feel comfortable by way of their outstanding hospitality and attention to detail. It is always nice for that to be recognised. Chef was delighted to read your comments about your meal and yes, they are generous. We don't want anyone leaving the table hungry. Hope your renovations are coming along nicely and we look forward to seeing you back

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently celebrated my 30th Birthday with 60 of my close friends and family. Chris and the staff at Seymours went out of their way to ensure my night was perfect. The staff were extremely helpful, before, during and after the event to make sure all my needs were met. The bar and waiting staff ensured my guests were well fed and refreshed throughout the night. The beautiful heritage building and panoramic views of the city on the balcony at the upstairs venue was perfect. The function room was a fabulous backdrop for my decorations. There were loads of room for both children and adults to relax and mingle.
The food was amazing and I had many guests both during and after the event come up to me commenting on the high quality and freshness of the food. There was plenty of choice on the menu suitable for all guests.
Many of my guests stayed stayed at the accommodation and were pleased with the high standard of their rooms.
Our guests also visited the restaurant for breakfast the following morning and once again enjoyed a fresh and quality meal.
I highly recommended venue for anyone wanting to host a quality event without the stress!

SeymoursLydiard, Manager at Seymours on Lydiard Ballarat, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Artymummy
Wow!! Thank you for your glowing review for our Restaurant. We really appreciate it. We are so pleased your 30th birthday celebrations was everything you hoped for...and more. It's always fantastic to know that guests at a function also enjoyed the evening and have lovely things to say about the food, so thank you for passing that on.
I did chat to some of your guests on checkout and they all had lovely things to say.
Thanks also to the shout out to Chris and the staff in the Restaurant. They absolutely have it down to a fine art when it comes to service for sure.
As always, we look forward to seeing you when you next pop in........'Hi Joshua......

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I am staying in the hotel out back and ate in the restraunt on our first night. The service was fast and friendly. I had the Pork Belly which was done well the flavours blended well. My daughter just wanted a chicken schnitzel and chips which wasn't on the menu but we the staff obliged us gracefully. Will be eating again before I leave.

Dear Misslissy78
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your lovely review. Thank you. The Restaurant always receives positive reviews about their fast and friendly service, and were delighted when I passed over your comments.
The food in our Restaurant is amazing for sure, and Chef always tries to accommodate a request whenever possible regardless of if it is on the menu or not. Pleased your daughters request was catered for
We certainly hope to see you again

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went there with the family and we all had pizza which was very nice. Had ice cream, sticky date pudding and caramel cheese cake. Friendly staff. Fairly quick service. Reasonable prices. Could have been a bit more cosy, but not too bad. Would go again.

Dear jonashomaa
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We appreciate it. Chefs pizzas continue to get amazing feedback because they are made from scratch at the time of order. Freshest of ingredients of course combined with a wonderful selection to choose from means happy and satisfied customers.
I have passed over your comments to the team regarding how friendly they are.
If you are ever passing through Ballarat again, please pop in