“Good”

Quest Ballarat
Hong Kong, China
“Good”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Location: Excellent. Close to convenient store, Gold mine museum, lake at back street. Not too noisy even next to the road
Apartment: Good size, my kids love the staircase (we live in single storey apt in HK), good size bedrooms. Very comfortable big bed in master bedroom. Good heating. Kitchen appliance like stove, oven, fridge and mircowave are very old. I did not cook there so it's ok to us but not sure they works fine as they looked like antiques.Clean.
Other: Little common courtyard outside the apartment.
Only thing not happy about the stay: the toilet was blocked, it worked JUST ok before our one night stay.
Bathroom: Water pressure good
Service: people were friendly. They allowed us to check in early at 12noon that was a great help after 4 hours' drive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
QBallarat, Manager at Quest Ballarat, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear jessie_dog_10

Thank you for your review but unfortunately your review refers to our other property in Ballarat called Quest Ballarat Mews and not Quest Ballarat.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you see you again very soon.

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Friendly greeting on arrival. We booked in to the 2 bedroom apartment which was clean, comfortable and spacious. Having the in room laundry was very welcome (along with a sachet of laundry powder) and the bathrooms were large and equipped with everything you need. I enjoyed the spacious feel of the room and the Quest is located centrally. Having the 2 bed apart was overkill for us and expensive but I would certainly book in here again - maybe a smaller room for two people but for 2 couples or a family - this room is great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
QBallarat, Manager at Quest Ballarat, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear freya691
Thank you for your comments and your review of Quest Ballarat, we appreciate your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you do stay with us again and please call us directly and we can certainly reserve a room that suits your needs.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is my 2nd stay at this Quest. Unfortunately this wasn't as good as the 1st. The property is clean and very central, but I've discovered the rooms are hit and miss. We had a 1 bedroom appt and it had only 1 narrow window in the living area. The bedroom was a room within the room with 2 windows that look into the living area, hence only getting light from this narrow window. It added up to a dreary room with little light.

The bed was super comfortable, however at 6.30am the room above obviously had a shower and it sounded like torrential rain above. Then it sounded like the shower dripped, but the noise above was amplified and went on and on and on ...

The 32 inch tv is too small.

It was busy at the time and I believe the place was solidly booked, mainly with people involved in a bicycle racing event. Parking was hard to get as these bicycle people effectively took over using lots of extra bays for trailers and bicycles and training equipment.

They promote Qantas points but not on the rate I paid, as it was busy I believe I paid nearly top rate, so I'm not sure how much you have to spend to get the points. This seems to be a growing trend with some properties, they advertise the points, but who knows how to get them?

Room Tip: All Rooms are Same
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Riley P
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your comments.
Due the heritage of the building, some apartments in the older areas of the building do has some features that capture the uniqueness of the building. When you stay with us again, please contact us directly and we will certainly assist you with reserving a room that you will be happy with.
Regarding the QFF, if you would like me to investigate this for you please let me know and I will certainly see what I can do for you.
Thank you again for your comments and I hope to see you again at Quest Ballarat very soon.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was here for two weeks for work. The rooms are comfortable but after problems during the first week I was told I would receive a quiet room the next week -far from it. It was on the street and cars hooning all night and the train crossing ringing. Called reception but was told they had no other rooms available. Would not recommend for business.

• Stayed September 2012
QBallarat, Manager at Quest Ballarat, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Jaime30

We are sorry that Quest Ballarat didn’t meet your exceptions on your recent stay with us.

We always make a point to honour any requests that a guest may ask where possible. Due to our high occupancy we can’t always meet every request and we thought that the room we gave you on arrival would be a quite one. We did move you during your stay and we hope that your new room was to your liking.

Again we apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all comments that our guest give us and I hope you chose to stay with us when next you are in Ballarat.

David Stevens - Operations Manager
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I recently stayed here for business, thought it was a great place, well located and great service by the staff on reception and housekeeping. Staying in a One Bedroom and great space to work and relax. I enjoyed my time there and will be back again.
Only problem was, I came back late one night and my keycard didn't work as I have extended my stay the keycard wasn't extended. I didn't think to get it sorted. As it was after hours I rang the onsite manager and was rudely told I should of sorted it out during the day. She made me wait for 20 minutes outside before she came to open the door and re-cut my card. This women needs to change her job or personality as neither are suited to the role.
But overall a great place to stay and I will just avoid the manager next time and make sure my key is cut correctly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
QBallarat, General Manager at Quest Ballarat, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Jim_Jim75
Thank you for your review of Quest Ballarat. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities of our property. Regarding the incident with your key, I am sorry that you have that experience with the manager, the ownership of the property has recently changed hands and that manager is no longer with Quest Ballarat.
We always appreciate feedback and I appreciate your honesty with your review and I hope that you will stay with us when next time you are in Ballarat.
Operations Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I hate faux king-size beds made from two single beds pushed together – especially when the hotel doesn’t even bother to put a king-size mattress on top. The ridge in the middle really annoys me and I don’t care that it’s common practice in most hotels in Europe! Apart from the annoying bed, the rest of the room amenities in these serviced apartments was OK – a good size for a hotel room, a little small for an apartment. It was a cold night and the AC/heater was actually very quiet when the fan was set to quiet! The apartments are in a good location – 10mins walk from the railway station and about the same to a wide range of excellent eateries. Breakfast was included and because there wasn't an in-house restaurant, there were several options. Most involved eating in a local café with a charge-back arrangement with Quest. As I had a very early morning start, I chose the breakfast pack and it turned out to be tasty, filling and nourishing. If you don’t mind faux king-size beds, then it's an OK place to stay.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms around 206B - they face a brick wall that rebounds street noise. Room 208B was better w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Centrally located in the CBD of Ballarat. Very quirky building that is a renovated school just off Sturt street. Interesting memorial to a local family just outside the front door. makes you wonder if it was ever just a (very) big house.

Single bedroom with twin beds and a large sitting room. Very nice accommodation, clean and valeted every day by local staff. Comfy beds and friendly reception staff. Not at its busiest the 5 days we spent there but had been full the previous week. It was May. Windows for this room face the light well which isn't a great view.

No eating facilities on site (other than vending machines) but large and well stocked kitchen facilities in our room. The payment on account facility works really very well and we used all the places that allow you to charge on your account. Yummy patisserie was nice fo breakfast but the door open in May was a bit chilly at 8am! Oscars was good for evening and Sovereign City Hotel was great for breakfast Lunch and dinner. Turret cafe good for a snack but very busy as its beside the hospital.

Lake Wendouree is a pretty special sight now filled with water again after the drought. The view down over the City from the Black Hill reserve is great. Ballarat is a bigger place than you might imagine so close to Melbourne.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business