“Forget it!!!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

When we arrived we said that we had a booking for 2. After he went to check the book, the waiter came back & said find any two seated table and walked off, and left us standing at the door!
So once seated, he came back and gave us the wine and menu. We ask for 2 glasses of red pinor. He said that he ran out. So we asked for the pinor red blend by the glass, but that was also not available. There was only one red left by the glass and that was a merlot, which is too heavy for me, so we asked if he would open the other bottle of pinor ( which was the same price of the one he ran out of) and he said no) so I ask if we brought the bottle, but wouldn't finishes it, could we take it with us, and he said no. So I didn't have a red, only my husband
We ordered two medium steaks. My husband, was medium well and mine was, medium to very rare!! Next I order the chocolate pudding in a ramekin, and it only had a lid of the cake then the while ramekin was full of chocolate sauce, to the point that I could eat it, as it was like drinking a rick chocolate drink. But I did complain, and they realise it.

Yes it is expensive. Nearly $40 a steak and 2 veg. Only "5" main meals to choose from. And desert, 4!!! And two of them were ice creams in winter time. No cheesecakes or anything at all like that....

5  Thank Barbierichardson

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This restaurant gave us an experience that couldn't be compared. It had charm, ambience, friendly staff and decadent food. We were so lucky to be placed next to the fire on a very cold and blustery night. The place full, but not crowded. The food.... WOW, is all I can really say. The chefs menu was spot on. I can honestly say, this was the best meal I've ever had. It was absolutely worth every penny spent. As I sat there and finished my meal, I looked across to another patron who was finger licking her plate clean. I was tempted to do the same. I can't wait until our next trip to Bairnsdale, so I can dine in this fabulous establishment again! Make sure you make a reservation, seats fill up fast.

1  Thank HauntingBijou
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is probably the best 'quality' restaurant in the area at present.

Great food and presentation with variety, attention to detail and excellent service. Up market ambience for a special night out but also special set lunch deal with complimentary wine. Some local say it is expensive but compared to Melbourne it is a steal. Great value.

1  Thank David A
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The meals on the night I was there were very good, with an okay variety. Service was good and food was brought out in good time. It was a touch on the expensive side for the whole experience but it was still very good

3  Thank AussieGeegee
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Recommended. The family dined here recently to celebrate a family birthday. The ambience, food, wine and service combined to make it a very pleasant evening. One word of caution - it can get a little cool in the outside area later in the evening.

1  Thank Roger W