“Lovely Food!! Tiny Serving Overpriced”
Review of Blue Cafe & Bar

Blue Cafe & Bar
Ranked #51 of 316 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Greek, Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Would have to be most expensive cafe ever, nothing under $24.00 for lunch, $12.00 for a bowl of chips, $9.00 for a large bottle of mineral water.

Food tasted fantastic but so overpriced I could hardly believe it and will not be back.

1  Thank Steve1960Hobart

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The food was great but the service let it down. We were there for breakfast on a Sunday morning and waited 30 minutes for our coffees. It appeared that people coming in for takeaway coffees were getting theirs quickly while we waited and waited, twice we were told they were on their way and it was a good 10 minutes after the last time that happened that they actually appeared. They were also cold when they did arrive but no one was game to point this out at the time in case of another 30 minute wait!! Unexpectedly when we didn't want to split the bill and pay separately, rather we wanted the bill to be brought to the table and to work it out amongst ourselves we were made to feel like we were very inconvenient. Usually it is the other way around!!!

1  Thank Sal_odonnell
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Had breakfast here this morning. Enjoyed juice, coffee and ham and cheese calzone - very tasty. A busy restaurant and a few 'reserved' tables. We have been here before for lunch and we keep returning for great atmosphere, nice location, wonderful food and friendly and efficient staff.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Despite the presence of the obnoxious Charlie* we had a lovely brekky in this lovely cafe in its lovely location.

Can recommend the prosciutto, poached eggs, herb croquettes on asparagus and the corn fritters and the scrambled eggs with bacon and chili jam.

Charlie isn't really obnoxious. I'm sure he would be nice to customers he hadn't played football and cricket with.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

As someone who doesn't like red meat, I was pleased to see that this menu has a great choice of food I could eat. I ordered something that was yoghurt cheese and kale balls with a hazelnut sauce. The waitress frustrated me by not knowing anything about the menu, but I was pleasantly surprised with the food which was excellent. My friend had some kind of salmon roulade with toast. This was very small but tasty. My husband had Flinders Island rump which he said was beautiful. The wine was also good. I will definitely eat there again. Yummy!

1  Thank Poetripedla