“Great coffee... Fresh food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Blue Cafe & Bar
Ranked #58 of 302 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Geelong, Australia
“Great coffee... Fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had a great breakfast here. Excellent food and the freshness was there to be seen and tasted. Good coffee and great presentation of food makes it a winner in my book.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joe M

Newcastle, Australia
“One of the nicer cafes in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the atmosphere, coffee and food. We went for lunch and ordered a pizza and a baguette which were both great. The food tasted really fresh and they ensured us that it was locally sources which I thought was a bonus. One negative is that the waitress brought the wrong pizza to the table however we didn't ask for it to be changes because it was really nice.

1 Thank Pixrun
“Lunch in Lonnie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Recommended to me for brunch - which I missed by 2 mins (get here before 11am). Stuck around until lunch which was delicious. Packed on a Wednesday lunchtime? Got to be a good sign.

1 Thank Cubicledodger
AUSTRALIA
“Better value elsewhere.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Hmm, let me see
Bloody expensive, overpriced, we will get pizza after, these are what was said by my fellow guests the night a group of us dined here at Blue cafe.

Me personally, we'll I too left thinking I probably will not return.

We chose an entree of bread and a dip of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It was awful.

My own mains, chosen from a clumsy and hard to read menu" it's not clever fellows, it is just Tacky and awkward", was a pork belly and some sort of mound of carrot and crab salad,

It was ok, but that was all, nothing memorable, and certainly not filling,

For desert, I chose a apple crumble with ice cream.

It was served in a glass, WHY?

It was not only burnt and In edible it looked lousy. When I say burnt, I mean black, burnt.

In your favor at least you did not charge me for it, but I left hungry.

Your drinks are way overpriced, and was the number one complaint in our group.
A glass of cheap wine at $10.00 a go, hmmm

Anyway if nothing else, this place helps you appreciate some of launcestons other establishments.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Launceston, Australia
“Weekly Regulars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

If you're after spectacular food, incredible coffee (better than what you'll find in Melbourne and Sydney) I'd highly recommend Blue Cafe.
My family and I have been coming here since 2008/09 on an almost weekly basis, particularly throughout the school/working year for breakfast or lunch.
The staff treat you as though you're part of their family! they are incredibly hospitable, funny and very good at what they do and can confidently tell you what is in the dishes you are to order.
The presentation of the food is always set out beautifully and there is regular crockery changes which makes it really lovely to inspect what changes they have made, even the salt and pepper trays sometimes change! it is an absolute gem of a restaurant. Their consistant and very very high standard or service, food, coffee and wine is absolutely divine. I also must mention their great assistance to the community in buying fresh local food, daily from small businesses around Tasmania. It is very affordable and competitive, you often see many functions or lunch parties happening. They do also have regular art displays which change monthly, they are gorgeous and really show off the talent within Tasmania, particularly young artists.
If you're in the area, you must go out of your way to book a table at Blue. You don't know what you're missing out on!

• Visited November 2012