“Gorgeous bar and restaurant”

Kings Bridge Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 363 Restaurants in Launceston
Description: Located in Paterson Street, near the entrance to Launceston's Cataract gorge, this beautiful old building has been transformed into Kings Bridge Bar & Restaurant. Authentic Tavern atmosphere, complimented by a traditional menu. Old world charm and cozy ambiance in the front bar, complete with pool table. Grab a coffee from the conservatory styled "Red Room'. Enjoy the open fire in the adjoining room. Alfresco dinning, suitable for families.
Reviewed June 11, 2019

I loved that the bar wasn't a sports bar with some kitch heritage stuff thrown on top. It was a good ole English style pub and we were lucky enough to meet the owner who graciously got a fire roaring in the 'lodge' area behind the main bar and restaurant. Just what we wanted with a Guinness on tap after a flight and enduring cold weather outside. We also got to try some homemade 'nuts and bolts' which I'd never heard of before. Delicious!

We went back in the morning for breakfast and the food was really good. I loved the baked persian eggs. Perfect start to a winters day.

2  Thank fingersmith

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

Breakfast was great, service was excellent and prompt.

My only bug bear and maybe it’s just me as I get it at a lot of places...... warm your hollandaise sauce! .... hot toast, ham and EGS covered in cold sauces......

Coffee was perfect

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 29, 2019

The service was great. The waiter and waitress went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
The food was wonderful too.
The only negative was: too cold near the windows

Reviewed May 26, 2019

Lunched here after a long search on Easter Monday for some place open and serving. Plenty of choice on menu.Service friendly. Sat outside on a lovely day. Food was average on arrival. Serving size large, chips looked good but were limp and warm. Parmys poorly cooked and hard to get through.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 21, 2019

One morning for breakfast I had the 3 egg omelette and it was the biggest omelette I have ever had in my travels, not to mention it was very yummy.
Corina, our waitress was just delightful and very jovial, she is a real asset to the Leisure Inn