“Indian in one!”

Ranked #9 of 315 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "With abundance of pride we present to you a kitchen from the history book that has walked its journey from up above to the down under" As the team proudly describes PickledEvenings being modern Indian Punjabi cuisine, totally different then other Indian restaurants because of there quality, style and the deep knowledge of there magical flavors. AboutThe team claims to set standards here in Launceston, Australia and to tell their esteemed patrons that what is the richness behind our culture and flavors. This Indian restaurant is dedicated to serving authentic Indian Food which will take you straight to the land where it is born. The authentic Indian food on our menu is made with the use of aromatic Indian spices which are the essence of Indian cuisine. PickledEvenings has carved out a niche for itself by not only its fine dining but also through its great service, catering and takeaway service.
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stunning food, fantastic service, brilliant aromas and an astounding atmosphere I will be eating here regularly, the best value for money Indian around by far.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Can't complain about the food. Very tasty and enough to fill you up. When we were there they turned off half of the lights so you literally had to use touch light to read the menu (good thing a friend had one in her handbag). When we asked if we could have another light turned on, we were told that they weren't working. This was the second time in three months (2 different visits) that this happened to be the case. Also, if you want to be eating by7pm, make sure that you get a reservation at 5pm or have a snack before you go. The rate at which the food came out was ridiculously slow. We thought that it may have been due to a full restaurant but it was half empty.

Overall, there is better restaurants around.

12  Thank Shaun P
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Went here with my family 8 Jan 2014, uncooked and terrible chicken(you can see from my attached photo), Bad taste, No flavor. Nasty Waitress and slow service.
If you want to waste your money and time this place is perfect for you!

20  Thank Emily A
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Ever since being a poor student back in the dark ages in Melbourne VIC I developed an appreciation for indian cuisine. I sought high and low for the best of the best & thought I had found it in a laminex clad dive in some suburb I have long forgotten. Having moved back subsequently to Geelong VIC [go cats] I thought I had found the best Indian food ever there, not to be, it is in fact here in Launceston. Seriously the best Indian food I have ever had. Aromatic, spicy, delicate but light. Brilliant menu & wonderful decor. Simply brilliant.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Randomly picked this for dinner, was pleasantly surprised by result! The chicken tikka was amazing.
Service generally good, they have buzzers on the table to ask for water , the bill etc and the staff are attentive to these.

The wine list was lovely. Great selection of Tasmanian wines. The Indian food was AMAZING. I had the lamb shank and asked for it to be hot. It was fantastic and just the right amount of spice heat!