“Friendly Indian Restaurant in Tasmania”

Pickled Evenings Indian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 315 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "With abundance of pride we present to you a kitchen from the history book that has walked its journey from up above to the down under" As the team proudly describes PickledEvenings being modern Indian Punjabi cuisine, totally different then other Indian restaurants because of there quality, style and the deep knowledge of there magical flavors. AboutThe team claims to set standards here in Launceston, Australia and to tell their esteemed patrons that what is the richness behind our culture and flavors. This Indian restaurant is dedicated to serving authentic Indian Food which will take you straight to the land where it is born. The authentic Indian food on our menu is made with the use of aromatic Indian spices which are the essence of Indian cuisine. PickledEvenings has carved out a niche for itself by not only its fine dining but also through its great service, catering and takeaway service.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a well-presented, bistro-style Indian restaurant superior to many other options available in the CBD. Service was great - very friendly and efficient, there's a phone app for takeaway and table buzzers and wireless ordering mean no delays. Indian restaurants in Australia can tend to have thick rather sweet sauces; this menu has a south Indian influence, food was definitely better than the average with good portion sizes and good value for money. I'd go again.

3  Thank lateofnewmills

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and attentive at this small Indian restaurant in Launceston. I found the food extremely salty, my husband didn't think so. A word of warning on ordering - 'one' serve of samosa = 4 pieces, likewise 'one' naan bread is at least 2 full naan bread. Ask before ordering exactly what you will receive!

11  Thank Tallowood6
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Loved the food. Beef vindaloo and lamb rogan josh were delicious. Cant wait to get my hands on them again. See you soon.

2  Thank Beardyfil
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very very salty and not much flavour unfortunately,and the lamb itself was fairly average. A real let down, I'll have to try something else perhaps to see if it's a one off.

10  Thank a h
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went here on the 14th of July, we live at cradle mountain so had booked a table in advance as we weren't sure if we needed to, we were greeted with a lovely Aussie girl who showed us to our table and took our order, we had entrees and had the corn & cheese ball and samosas and they were lovely, I had butter chicken for mains which was beautiful and my partner had beef vindaloo which I tried and was lovely and I'm not usually a fan, we also had garlic nann bread which was one the the best nann bread I've had. The atsophere was a little dark for my liking but my partner liked the lighting, tables were set nice, service was great, hats off to the chefs they did an amazing job!! So flavoursome and enjoyable. thank you for a wonderful night out pickled evenings we will be back!

1  Thank Isitsohard