“Very Intimate”

Ranked #3 of 308 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "With abundance of pride we present to you a kitchen from the history book that has walked its journey from up above to the down under" As the team proudly describes PickledEvenings being modern Indian Punjabi cuisine, totally different then other Indian restaurants because of there quality, style and the deep knowledge of there magical flavors. AboutThe team claims to set standards here in Launceston, Australia and to tell their esteemed patrons that what is the richness behind our culture and flavors. This Indian restaurant is dedicated to serving authentic Indian Food which will take you straight to the land where it is born. The authentic Indian food on our menu is made with the use of aromatic Indian spices which are the essence of Indian cuisine. PickledEvenings has carved out a niche for itself by not only its fine dining but also through its great service, catering and takeaway service.
Ocean Grove, Australia
“Very Intimate”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Went for a romantic dinner for my partners birthday on a recent trip to launceston. Was very happy with the service and intimate atmosphere. The food was great, would definitley return. Lovely wine also. Although small, really was something special :)

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Rebecca W

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
“Full flavour Indian food”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Awesome service & food. For an impromtu walkin, we were pleasently surprised by the warm welcome and superb food. We went again the next night for the same experience. Well done Raj & Marrish!

1 Thank smjohno24
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romantic Atmoshphere, traditional Indian food.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was impressed by the meal of this restaurant.
The dining room is small but has a content and happy atmosphere.
I had dinner with a small group of my friends and I remember we did have to wait for a bit until the meals came out however it was well worth the wait. I had a beautiful Lamb Madras ($18) and ordered rice and the little breads they come with. The lamb (curry?) was amazing! Although I do recommend to eat it with rice. It was served in a cute bain fit for the meal sitting above a candle. Very intimate and romantic. I havnt had a proper boyfriend yet but when I do, Pickled Evenings is going to be my top choice to go out with.
Anyway, the lamb had an amazing coconut sauce that substituted so well with the spicy lamb flavours.
I nom nomed. Would highly recommend, especially for couples. But please dont ruin the mood by taking your kids!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Annemarie L
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Restaurant”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

A great restaurant with a great vibe about it.Attentive service, spectacular food.We tried this restaurant on recommendation of a friend and I have to say this was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had.

The restaurant was extremely busy even on a Tuesday night but still the food and the service was spot on. Every course was exquisite tastebud explosion. The cocktails and the wine we had was fantastic.So glas we gave it a try..We'll be back soon!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Riccki
Launceston, Australia
“Best Indian in Launceston”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am a local and we ALWAYS choose Pickled Evenings for our 'special' nights out or just our weekly take away. Its always beautifully prepared, fresh and mouthwatering! I can not recommend enough, to try it! You wont be sorry, it is beautiful! Total family and extended family favourite!

• Visited August 2012