“Out for dinner”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

WOW... this place definitely improved... great food, great ambiance and especially great service... we will be back

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank Kim B

Reviewed March 30, 2019

Staying at the hotel for three nights, we decided to have our first nights' meal at Three Steps. this was a great move.
With a friendly welcome from Casey, we were escorted to a table on the lower level to avoid the stairs of the mezzanine level. The menu, at first glance, seemed like standard hotel fare. However the quality and generosity of the meals raised our spirits. My wife hade the venison pie and I had the a special of crumbed fresh scallops. Both were fantastic. We chose a lovely pinot noir from the wine list which matched the venison beautifully and even went well with the scallops.
We both had the panna cotta for dessert: a nice finish

1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed March 28, 2019

Yesterday (Wednesday) the team arrived for work in Launceston. Found this place with fairly good reviews, so went to check it out. Being hungry and a guts for meaty goodness, I ordered the LAMB SHOULDER with garlic mash. Let me tell you now that out of the 50 or so lamb shoulder renditions I have had over the years, this was EASILY, I kid you not, T H E B E S T I have had to date. The lamb was absolutely tender, juicy and gob-smackingly gorgeous! In short, I finally discovered GOD! I was absolutely silent when I ate the entire meal - it required absolute respectful silence to truly appreciate this. The garlic mash was stupendous. The steamed broccoli fantastic. Seriously, if you want to discover the best lamb dish in the southern half of the Milky Way (I haven't been to the northern part yet!), please, please, please go here and check it out! My colleagues meals reported serious delisiousness on their dishes also - so do it! DO IT NOW!

1  Thank stevedV3019CZ
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

Late and unannounced we dropped into the Three Steps on arrival into Launceston.
Casey cheerfully greeted us and entreated us even though the restaurant was clearly very busy.
One of 5 sisters, we enjoyed the time together here immensely and the meals were amazing!
Thank you Casey. What a warm welcome !

1  Thank imthebombdigity
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

We had dinner here after a very long day of traveling and site seeing Tasmania today. The vibe was amazing. The venue authenticly English. The service our waiter provided was delightful. Casey looked after us from start to finish. The food was delicious. A big cheers. Highly recommend this place to travelers if all ages.

1  Thank toniB2794