“Disappointing”

Ranked #25 of 363 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are committed to utilising high quality, local and seasonal produce to create beautiful, modern and flavourful food. Our menu features modern Australian dishes with international flair and a beverage list with the best that Tasmania has to offer, including an extensive list of local gins, whiskies and wines from the surrounding abundant regions. Our relaxed contemporary style of dining lends itself to cater to a wide range of occasions - take a stool in our bar for a well deserved after work drink, get cosy and intimate with friends for a long chat and wine in our lounge area, let your family relax in our comfortable booths or take a seat at a round table for a luxurious evening of cocktails and gorgeous food.
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

We went for dinner on TA recommendations. Unfortunately I chose the Tuna steak with soba noodles. This was a tasteless dish & at $42, was very, very disappointing for my taste buds & my wallet!!
My friends enjoyed their meals without raving about them.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 29, 2019

We ate here with a large group whilst in town. We hadn't booked but the staff accommodated us after a short wait. It's basically a pizza and pasta type setting but we found the food more elevated than I expected with the platters displaying great cooking technique and more than satisfying the group. we were the last to leave having enjoyed both the food and the wine offered in this excellent venue

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

We came across the Metz in the early afternoon of Anzac Day when not much was open and are glad we did. Enjoyed a lovely glass of wine and amazing wood fired pizza in a busy but relaxed at atmosphere. Service was excellent and the staff were happy to share their knowledge of the local gins and wines.

Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

I visited The Metz for dinner twice during a recent short trip to Launceston. I had different meals each time and they were all well presented and delicious. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming, hence the title ‘comfortable dining’.

Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Went here on Easter Sunday, we are from Victoria and first time in Launceston seemed a little pricey but I can't really comment on that because I have nothing to compare prices with in this area, however food was yum and service was great, I was a little out of my comfort zone of regular pub food, was more like fine dining and half the stuff the mains came with I had to Google to see what it was haha, regardless we got the spaghetti and the calamari salad and both were really good, would go back.