“Very enjoyable.”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Very enjoyable.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was the only seafood meal I had in Tasmania that was actually fresh. The special of the seafood tasting plate was wonderful, the calamari melted in your mouth. I could have eaten 2. Well priced and great service. Thank you.

• Visited March 2013

Launceston, Australia
“Convenience and style”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Snappers Restaurant is located within the Mercure Hotel right in the Launceston CBD. The location is great with plenty of parking in and around the hotel and an easy walk from the main shopping centre. We called in one night for a quick meal.

The restaurant is modern and the staff are friendly and efficient. The menu is extensive but I chose a simple fetta and spinach ravioli which was fresh and delicious and I would certainly order it again. My partner chose the spaghetti marinara but felt there could have been more seafood in the dish.

We had previously visited the restaurant for breakfast on a couple of occasions and Snappers has the most extensive buffet breakfast I have seen at any hotel in Australia. Brilliant.

We'll be back for dinner and breakfast!

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Intimate dining, great service”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Our evening SSR was wonderful, calamari entre was as good as it gets in my opinion, followed by a tasty even if a little chewy rump. Will be back next time we are in Launceston given the menu choices, helpful waitstaff, and welcoming intimate setting.

MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Snappers Restaurant, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Craig W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor post following your recent dining experience at Snappers Restaurant.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will share your comments with my team regarding your 'tasty' meal and 'helpful' wait staff.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will dine with us in Snappers Restaurant again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
“Tasty meal”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The quality of the meal and variety on the menu were excellent. Staff were attentive and helpful and also knowledgeable about local attractions and sight seeing.

Visited January 2013
MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Snappers Restaurant, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Sharon R,

Thank you for writing a trip advisor post following your recent dining experience at Snappers Restaurant.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed the variety of our a la carte menu, as well as the services provided by our wait staff.

I hope that you will dine with us again on your next trip to Launceston.

Launceston, Australia
“Disappointing second visit.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went there for Christmas dinner, steak was burnt and done unevenly. Squid was tough. Tiger prawns were too tiny and average. Overpriced for the quality we got this time. At least the staff is still great...

• Visited December 2012
MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Snappers Restaurant, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Alvin W,

Thank you for the feedback following your recent visit to Snappers Restaurant. I was sorry to read that your dining experience didn't met your expectations upon your second visit with us.

Your comments regarding your meal have been forwarded onto our Executive Chef, so future improvements can be made. I am pleased that you still enjoyed the services of our wait staff.

I hope that you will return to Snappers Restaurant so we can better serve you in the near future.