“Convenience and style”

Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Snappers Restaurant is located within the Mercure Hotel right in the Launceston CBD. The location is great with plenty of parking in and around the hotel and an easy walk from the main shopping centre. We called in one night for a quick meal.

The restaurant is modern and the staff are friendly and efficient. The menu is extensive but I chose a simple fetta and spinach ravioli which was fresh and delicious and I would certainly order it again. My partner chose the spaghetti marinara but felt there could have been more seafood in the dish.

We had previously visited the restaurant for breakfast on a couple of occasions and Snappers has the most extensive buffet breakfast I have seen at any hotel in Australia. Brilliant.

We'll be back for dinner and breakfast!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our evening SSR was wonderful, calamari entre was as good as it gets in my opinion, followed by a tasty even if a little chewy rump. Will be back next time we are in Launceston given the menu choices, helpful waitstaff, and welcoming intimate setting.

MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Snappers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Craig W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor post following your recent dining experience at Snappers Restaurant.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will share your comments with my team regarding your 'tasty' meal and 'helpful' wait staff.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will dine with us in Snappers Restaurant again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The quality of the meal and variety on the menu were excellent. Staff were attentive and helpful and also knowledgeable about local attractions and sight seeing.

MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Snappers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Sharon R,

Thank you for writing a trip advisor post following your recent dining experience at Snappers Restaurant.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed the variety of our a la carte menu, as well as the services provided by our wait staff.

I hope that you will dine with us again on your next trip to Launceston.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went there for Christmas dinner, steak was burnt and done unevenly. Squid was tough. Tiger prawns were too tiny and average. Overpriced for the quality we got this time. At least the staff is still great...

MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Snappers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Alvin W,

Thank you for the feedback following your recent visit to Snappers Restaurant. I was sorry to read that your dining experience didn't met your expectations upon your second visit with us.

Your comments regarding your meal have been forwarded onto our Executive Chef, so future improvements can be made. I am pleased that you still enjoyed the services of our wait staff.

I hope that you will return to Snappers Restaurant so we can better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I love this restaurant as the staff are always attentive and the food never disappoints. I had a beautiful steak cooked to perfection and my dining companion had a melt in your mouth lamb shank. The food and drinks are reasonably priced and the atmosphere is relaxed.

MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Snappers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear ChezzaAboutLaunie,

Thank you for posting trip advisor feedback following your recent dining experience in Snappers Restaurant. It is a pleasure to receive such positive comments from a regular customer.

Our Food & Beverage team take great pride in delivering quality meals and service to our guests and receiving feedback such as yours is very encouraging.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Snappers Restaurant in the near future.