“Excellent once again.”

Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I love this restaurant as the staff are always attentive and the food never disappoints. I had a beautiful steak cooked to perfection and my dining companion had a melt in your mouth lamb shank. The food and drinks are reasonably priced and the atmosphere is relaxed.

MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Snappers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear ChezzaAboutLaunie,

Thank you for posting trip advisor feedback following your recent dining experience in Snappers Restaurant. It is a pleasure to receive such positive comments from a regular customer.

Our Food & Beverage team take great pride in delivering quality meals and service to our guests and receiving feedback such as yours is very encouraging.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Snappers Restaurant in the near future.

Snappers Restaurant

There are newer reviews for Snappers Restaurant

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Take your accor card for a free drink and a decent discount. Excellent meals with a variety of mains to select from.

MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Snappers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear 616A81T5,

Thank you for your trip advisor post following your recent dining experience at Snappers Restaurant. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

As you are certainly aware the Accor Advantage Plus card has great benefits and we always welcome card holders to Snappers Restaurant.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will dine with us again soon.

Mercure Launceston / Snappers Restaurant

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Was abit disappointed as was told of how great it was there. The service extremely slow. Had to ask waiter to clear table multiple times & go upto waiter to ask for more drinks each time. The food was ok - nothing to write home about. Would go back again, but hopefully it's abit better next time =)

Dear Kbomb12,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent dining experience in Snappers Restaurant. I was sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Please rest assured that measures are in place to manage any time delays and ensure our guests always receive quality service.

Our new A la Carte dinner menu will be released in early December and I would look forward to welcoming you back to Snappers Restaurant to enjoy our new dishes.

Once again, thank you for giving us your feedback.

Mercure Launceston / Snappers Restaurant

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had just arrived from a long day's travel and was tempted by some tasters from the restaurant in the lobby. As it was wet and windy outside I decided to stay in the hotel and I wasn't disappointed with the food, having a nice bit of lamb which was cooked well and quite tasty. Not at all like most of the hotel restaurants I have not had the pleasure of eating in!

MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Snappers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear trw1089,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent dining experience at Snappers Restaurant.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our complimentary tastings in the lobby, as well as your dinner in Snappers Restaurant. We pride ourselves in offering quality meals and service to all of our guests. I have forwarded your comments regarding the 'nice bit of lamb' onto our Executive Chef.

Receiving positive feedback such as yours, encourages our team to keep up their hard work and produce high levels of service and deliver quality meals to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Snappers Restaurant in the near future.

Mercure Launceston

Reviewed August 10, 2012

First and foremost, I'd like to thank this restaurant for the unforgettable experience. It was my birthday when I dine in, and I have to say this is the best birthday dinner ever. Secondly, I'd like to congratulate the restaurant for winning the Best Mercure Restaurant award, yes I saw the award behind the counter, and you absolutely deserved it.

No problem with same day booking. We were greeted politely as soon as we stepped in, yes, no wait time at all! The staff was quick to point out that they were serving a new menu thus there would be no specials that night, and introduced the soup of the day. She then poured water for us, asked what beverages can she get us, and told us where the wine list was. Seriously, this level of efficiency is rare!

The wine list was quite interesting, a good selection for different price range as well. We ordered, oyster kilpatrick and garlic butter calamari as entrees. Eye fillet and salmon for main. You can see them in the images I've attached.

We were blown away by the calamari! Trust me, if you're going in, make sure you get the calamari! The calamari just feels like it melts in your mouth, unbelievable...ooh how I wish I can get a piece right now! To top it off, the dish comes with some salad and mandarin that balance well with the calamari. Mandarin with calamari...thank you chef! The oysters on the other hand, was too small to say the least. Not sure why thought, don't oysters get fat over winter before spawn??

The eye fillet was a little "over-grilled", I ordered medium-rare, it came out medium. The missus was about to put her hand up to complaint until I had my first bite on the meat and stopped her immediately. I think I learnt a lesson here; do not judge food from its appearance. The meat is high quality, it's more well selected and prepared than any other steakhouses in town which most seem to be over-rated, or have gone down in quality over time. The salmon was wrapped in bacon, and was baked (I think...I could be wrong) to perfection. Not sure which part of salmon it was, but it felt like the fat was evenly distributed, making the whole piece very tender.

I was thinking of getting some desserts, but missus had too much merlot and started talking gibberish, so we left without getting any. The dessert list was quite exciting though.

The price is "up there", relatively, but I'd say it's still reasonable and well worth every penny.

I'd like to give special thanks the staff for coming over to check on us only once during our meal, and yes, once is enough. Thanks to the chef for putting in so much time and effort for the amazing dinner. And last but not least, a big thanks to whoever put together and manages such a great team.

Thanks for having us, keep up the good work!

1  Thank Alvin W
MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Snappers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Alvin W,

It was a pleasure to read your detailed description from your birthday evening at our restaurant. Our Chef, Kitchen team and Front of House team were very pleased that your night was so enjoyable. Thank you for the descriptive comments relating to our new a la carte dishes as well as the service you received on the night.

This feedback encourages our team to keep up their hard work and produce high levels of service and deliver quality meals to our guests.

I hope we will see you and your wife dining with us again soon.

Mercure Launceston