“Excellent Evening” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pierre's

Pierre's
Ranked #32 of 302 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: French, European, Grill, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Pierre's has been operating for more than 50 Years and is a true Launceston Icon. With many Awards and recognitions to its name, it is the perfect place for Breakfast lunch or Dinner. Bookings Highly Recommended !
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had a fabulous evening at Pierre's. We all very much enjoyed our meals and the service was friendly and efficient. And a big plus: we could all hear each other as some good thinking and time seems to have been taken over the acoustics (which seems to be a rare thing in restaurants these days). A memorable evening.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Suzie L

Sydney, Australia
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Nice food with good service from pleasant staff in pleasant surroundings. Not too expensive for a "hatted" restaurant.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank ChrisAllambie
Perth, Australia
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

This restaurant became my place to hang out while in the city. Very clean, wonderful- simply wonderful service.The food, the wine list, the fit out is excellent. I am a very fussy ex multi award winning chef, an author and international traveller and so my standards are very high. Well done team, you made my 2 months in Tasmania perfect !

2 Thank matakanaisland
Wellington, New Zealand
“An enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stopped into Pierre's on a rainy evening without a reservation. Although they were quite busy they found us a table in the front room. The service was generally attentive though our waitress did seem to disappear for a while towards the end of our meal and we had to wait a long time for our bill.

The food was delicious, I had the fish pot pie, which was delicious, a lovely blend of smoked salmon, prawns & scallops. the food overall was delicious. I would go back there again if I ever go back to Launceston.

3 Thank Tina P
Melbourne, Australia
“Blah”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was on a business trip and was dining by myself.

Ambience - Front room seems cosier and more atmospheric. I was seated in the back room (new extension?) which was quite clinical, with lighting turned up way too bright for dinner. Asked for wifi password twice. First time was given incorrect password. Second time, 15 minutes later (due to difficulty getting anyone's attention) given another password which didn't work and when I asked the waitress if this was indeed correct, she says yes, and "sometimes, the wifi just doesn't work", which I find a poor and lazy excuse.

Food - Competent cooking at best. Entree of escargot tasted alright, although have had much better in Melbourne & Paris. The piece of bread with escargot lacked love, just a piece of cold casalinga thrown on the plate. I found a plastic shard about 1.5cm in size as I was chewing on one of the snails. Mentioned this to the waitress and she just looked at it quizically, and then exclaimed "Oh, it's probably part of a plastic container" and didn't offer any apologies! Mains of steak tartare was good with interesting accompaniments. Musk pannacotta was ok, but let down by what tasted like stale caramel popcorn.

Service - the biggest let down of the night for the 2 above problems. The maitre'd was very good and on the ball, but she is let down by poor staff who needs more training. Staff were inattentive, and service was perfunctory.

Overall, it was an ok experience at best. But if you're charging up to $20 for an entree and up to $35-40 for mains, I expect far better service. If I paid this much in Melbourne and got such service, I would have walked out. Food was not bad, a few tweaks and it could be really good.

• 2 of 5 bubbles